• This section is NOT for leaving Member feedback. To leave a Member feedback regarding a Classified transaction simply go to the Members profile and click the ADD FEEDBACK button.

Cancer in the airgun world

We live in a narcissistic society-people will do anything to get attention even at the expense of wealth or health of others. I remember a kid doing this exact thing on the old Yellow Forum. Emailed me directly under an entirely different name trying to get under my skin. I called him out on it, and he came clean. Never dealt with him again after that and he eventually disappeared from the Forum. As far as custom work-find someone who doesn't say yes to everything. A custom provider after they have established themselves will only say yes to what they are the best at and make money doing which means they will be saying "no" a whole lot more than they will be saying "yes" to projects. Hopefully what you are wanting is in their wheelhouse. I am a cancer survivor too but do realize there is cancer of the soul as well as the body. Both are life threatening.

Thank you for that post, I feel better knowing that saying no isn't a bad thing.

Reactions: Treefrog
Thank you for that post, I feel better knowing that saying no isn't a bad thing.
To deliver a product or service at a high level you have to. If you are only interested in slopping stuff out the door in mass, then you can say yes to a whole lot more. Aiming down or even sideways has a limited future, aim up for the long haul.

I say who cares. More than likely they have no money and without money there is no real influnce, especially on people that matter. An older grown adult giving a crap about what a young person has to say is ridiculous. Especially an educated, well experienced adult. I say let them dig their own grave. I could care less what a poor, young, inexperienced person has to say. There's a reason they are there or are in that position.

"Never take financial advise from a poor, broke, struggling person"
Listen carefully, they give thereselves away quickly.

There is no money in drop kitting and lube tuning. Custom guns are no more,with the likes of Venom.
There are good people who do good work here. I as many have forgone for many reasons mentioned.
Average skilled trades person $65 per hr.. in one day I can not tune a gun properly.

You never get a Rolex at a Timex price. 😉

I say who cares. More than likely they have no money and without money there is no real influnce, especially on people that matter. An older grown adult giving a crap about what a young person has to say is ridiculous. Especially an educated, well experienced adult. I say let them dig their own grave. I could care less what a poor, young, inexperienced person has to say. There's a reason they are there or are in that position.

"Never take financial advise from a poor, broke, struggling person"
Listen carefully, they give thereselves away quickly.

Very well said good sir, add to that...

"Never take criticism from someone you wouldn't take advice from"

-Matt

Reactions: athlon_oved
IMO this forum and the airgun world is remarkably indifferent to these "cancer people". It's probably because the community is largely made up of older people who have all "done that, seen worse" etc.

A thing I've been noticing in more on-line forums is AI bots spamming places with bad questions and worse answers, seemingly in an attempt to build up an AI's knowledge base, or to lend the software credibility, etc. But this forum does not appear to have been hit with it, yet. The Stackexchange forums are "treading water" in fake AI users, now.