Cannot remove pellet from air pistol barrel

DO NOT USE A DRILL BIT IN YOUR RIFFLED BARREL.
A drill bit with heat shrink tube or something like a straw that prevents the drill shank from touching lands is no problem. I would turn the drill by hand rather than use an electric drill. In any case, the gun is a piece of $hit anyway, I have one. It’s a toy, the only sad thing if you aren’t able to clear it is the money you’ve spent.

Hello again @pspringle

First off, your drill bit cannot touch inside the barrel if you follow my original instructions. I also stated to hand drill. Also do not tap or hit the drill bit to get it started into the pellet. If your bit is new and sharp it will easily start. Also if you have two (2) pellets in the barrel, hitting the first pellet from the muzzle end you would be causing the Skirt of the first pellet to Flare out on the dome of the Second pellet creating a tighter jam.

You can find some 4mm OD tubing that will fit inside your barrel and then find the tightest fitting drill bit.

Hope this will help,

ThomasT

Hello @pspringle

OK I made you a scale drawing showing the 4mm od tube with a 3mm id. Inside you would be able to "drill" into the hole down to the pellets with a 1/8" drill bit or a 3mm drill bit. If you do have two pellets inside the barrel you can see how the Skirt on one will Flare on top of the second pellet. Drill bit is in blue color.

Hope this will help
ThomasT
img003.jpg

Hello @pspringle

OK I made you a scale drawing showing the 4mm od tube with a 3mm id. Inside you would be able to "drill" into the hole down to the pellets with a 1/8" drill bit or a 3mm drill bit. If you do have two pellets inside the barrel you can see how the Skirt on one will Flare on top of the second pellet. Drill bit is in blue color.

Hope this will help
ThomasT
View attachment 304940
Awesome, thank you.

Reactions: ThomasT