Can't believe y'all made me buy an(other) AP16!

I not only thought someone would jump on that well-priced AP16, especially considering the many extras, but managed to exercise no small amount of self-restraint by not jumping on it myself. But when it was still posted the next day I decided to make an offer; though expecting to learn it had already sold. Nope.

Suffice to say it's sold now. Soon I won't have to swap my Compact and Long shrouded barrels and tubes back and forth on one pistol. Rather, I'll have a dedicated Compact pistol and another dedicated Long... and a Long shrouded barrel, Long chamber-tube, and extras to sell in order to recoup much of the cost of turning my 1-1/2 AP16 into two AP16s.

Not sure whether to cuss ya'll, or thank you. ;-) But I'll soon be a step closer to being "He who dies with the most toys wins!" And the AP16 is one of my favorite toys. I mean, 1-1/2 of my favorite toys.

AP16 set.1648178398.jpg

Correction- TWO of my favorite toys (soon).

Reactions: SgtOutlaw76
Not sure whether to cuss ya'll, or thank you. ;-) But I'll soon be a step closer to being "He who dies with the most toys wins!" And the AP16 is one of my favorite toys. I mean, 1-1/2 of my favorite toys.

AP16 set.1648178398.jpg

Correction- TWO of my favorite toys (soon).

Not only that (in bold)...but you kan't take it (money) with you when you die, may as well have some fun with it now..! 

I never did buy one of Pyramyd's, on sale/second AP16's. Worken on that "new", 1911ish pistol.

Mike

"I'm definitely not looking for another .22 pistol." You will be if you ever shoot a .22 AP16, Long Gun!

The trigger on mine broke like glass at 14 ounces from the get-go, and I didn't want to monkey with adjusting it lighter before putting a few hundred rounds through it. Finally/recently turned the sear-engagement screw a tiny bit to leaner engagement, and the trigger now breaks with little more than a thought at 7 ounces! Shooting such an accurate and powerful air pistol with a virtually telepathic trigger is an almost unworldly experience.

Kind of intoxicating to knock down big, heavy extreme field targets to 55 yards... and definitely addicting!

Lane 7.1648189831.jpg

The first official Pistol Extreme Field Target match will be at my June 4 TEXtreme Field Target Grand Prix weekend. Three guesses what pistol I'll be shooting.

AP sub inch avg.1648190035.jpg

Two five-shot groups at 50 yards.

Maybe some day if the price is right :)

As it stands, I have 3 .22 pistols, all excellent shooters. One with a 1701p trigger in it, the other with a very similar but ball bearing sear group, and a more basic standard 13xx group. I only have one .25 and one .177. I like to keep more of a variety, so the .22 is the last on my list. 

The way you speak of it almost seems like it's a "must have", though. Hope it goes well at the matches.

My 1322 pcp is very much like this, and has no issues nailing very small targets (1/2" or so at 40 yards). And I don't consider myself an excellent shot either. Just what a well tuned/built/balanced gun, and a solid barrel will do if you do your part. 

PSX_20200322_015338.1648191439.jpg

That's SOME shooting on that paper, though! Will be a tough act to follow, no doubt.