Carbon fiber tank question

I own an inexpensive but functional and convenient $160 compressor from Amazon (https://a.co/d/8sHtOTR). I use it to fill my PCP rifles at my gun club. It’s LOUD even though it is a gun club and folks are shooting some loud rounds! I now see, however, what an advantage a carbon fiber fill tank would offer. I will study the issue so as to get other questions answered on my own but for now I would welcome responses to one question, please:

Can these modest compressors fill an Air Venturi tank without overheating or breaking due to the amount of air the tanks require? Or are professional sources - like “scuba shops” - really the only safe way to fill them? Thanks.

Don't second-guess the Alkin. You KNOW it's a solid compressor, and I, too, would have one today if I had the room and didn't need portability.

In a perfect world, we'd each own both, eh?
And, if you ever decide to call it quits with PCP’s you can sell the Alkin for a good buck to finance your next addiction. 😬

Reactions: F6Hawk
I do think there is a role for both bigger compressors that are not easily portable and the little portable ones. For local travel I just take my bottle. But if I want to shoot a lot the bottle will get empty and because it's expired getting it filled is not simple. But a little portable compressor would work fine if a little slowly for lots of refills. So bottle + bigger compressor for local and small battery capable compressor for longer trips or lots of shooting away from home.

I don't own any of the under 500W compressors but I agree with the sentiment that they are meant for filling guns. The CS4 may be an exception but due it's size my understanding is that a bottle fill takes hours.

I use my Yong Heng compressor, approaching 3 years old at the moment and going strong, to fill my 45 minute SCBA tank. Works fine. I added a small radiator and fans and can refill my bottle to 4000-300 bar while staying below 60 degrees C. I use NuVair oil in it which I think is important for it's longevity. I only fill my bottle about once a month, however. My Yong Heng pulls 3-5 times as much electricity as your compressor so a bottle fill takes 15-25 minutes. But it is noisy and takes up more space. I am using an inexpensive retired Scott firemans tank and a somewhat expensive fill set from Joe Brancato. Total cost about $600.

To me the big advantage of filling from a bottle is it's very fast and nearly totally silent.
Great reply, I have a 032 Tuxing that's a beast...Temp gauge is there for a reason, keep an eye on it!! Pressure gauge on the compressor gets up to your tank pressure, shut it off, open tank start compressor, I fill my carbon fiber tank from 2000 psi all the time. No brainer. Will it last forever? No, tell me what does...