• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Central Pa Airgun Match Results 12/26/23

We had a fine turnout of 10 shooters for our Springer Air Gun Match at Double Tap Indoor Range in Altoona, Pa. Al Duster made the trek from Butler Pa in Western Pa and showed us how to do it, again. At 81 so one to be 82 Al shows us no mercy. Fine gentleman al is he donated his winnings towards next years targets. Thanks. I also found out 2 of our shooters who shoot NRL are ranked second in the Nation in their respective divisions . We have some good shooters. Thanks to all whl came an shot. Thanks! We had an oberver who stayed and shoot a bit after the match and said, "I will be back with a gun". Next match January 27, 2024. Pics our 3 money winners. 1st Al Duster, 2nd John Wacher, 3rd Sam Salyards.
20231216_110759.jpg
20231216_184128.jpg
20231216_092852.jpg
20231216_092743.jpg

So every competitor shooting at your events “volunteers to get involved”?

It would be a 3-1/2 hour drive for us.
I’m not begging you.
I won’t bother asking again.
No we all get paid big bucks, with a retirement , lol. If this gets me thrown off so be it. But, your an idiot! Matches are run by folks who enjoy a sport and want to help it grow.You have no desire to put forth any effort but want someone else to do it. Typical in today's world. Yes it's your choice if you want to drive 3.5 hours to go to a match But if you had a set you might make the drive once to learn. Then go home, find s venue and start a match. I was one guy, I found a venue, recruited a buddy to get an airgun and join in, and now a year later are a group who enjoy the sport. Quit whining, put some big boy pants on and do something. We have a guy in his 80s that makes close a 3 he drive one way to compete. Grow up!

airgunshooter...

It's kind of well known that this (club) match director, has no desire to shoot with pcp air rifle shooters. A few of us have asked in the past, only to get chewed on the same way. I see their match results and check them, hoping to see a change of tune, but to no avail.
The offer has been extended for someone with PcP knowledge but no response. So here you go pbike257, are you interested . No one was been chewed on for inquiring about PCPs, only told it's a Springer only match. I have no patience or time for those unwilling to put forth some effort. I have expressed unhappiness with numerous inquires about our matches and bring told , "I will be there" but not one of those folks have shown up. Talk is cheap, work is good. Your correct, I have no personal interest in PCPs but I have spoken to the range owner and he is willing to get some information from a PCP guy , as am I and same if it will work to host both at our shoots. Ball is in the PCP court.

The offer has been extended for someone with PcP knowledge but no response. So here you go pbike257, are you interested . No one was been chewed on for inquiring about PCPs, only told it's a Springer only match. I have no patience or time for those unwilling to put forth some effort. I have expressed unhappiness with numerous inquires about our matches and bring told , "I will be there" but not one of those folks have shown up. Talk is cheap, work is good. Your correct, I have no personal interest in PCPs but I have spoken to the range owner and he is willing to get some information from a PCP guy , as am I and same if it will work to host both at our shoots. Ball is in the PCP court.
It doesn't really matter what rifle is being shot, springer or pop... the match rules are the same, and the targets are the same, the distance is the same, and the time limits are the same, the benches are the same, and plugs are the same... the only difference is you don't want to run matches for PCP rifles... we've talked about this before... and I'm not driving 7 hours to witness that in person.

Reactions: AirGunShooter
Long drive to shoot, I agree. I know because I have done it many times. I still drive 2.0 one way for many shoots . But the ball is out there for some PPC shooter to pick up and go with. I guess most guys today are not competitive. Only reason I can think of.......well not really. Anyone up to the challenge?

Hell man, I love my springers but I wouldn't drive three blocks to drink a beer with someone who had your people skills even if he was buying.

You want more shooters or are you doing everything you can to ensure the competition remains stagnant?

Happy New Year

Some talk about, some go play and enjoy it. I called no names but sometimes the truth hurts feeling. Some just like to whine. So it seems the pcp shooters who complained to me about no pcp guns are now showing their true colors. Offer has been extended, now the excuses are coming out. So be bawl babies. We have a good time with a good group of guys learning from each other while competing. I am sure your not represetitive of most pcp guys. The offer is still put there for a pcp guy who wants to grow the sport and enjoy some competition.

So back it up. Who was called what name.
You called one member an idiot.
... lol. If this gets me thrown off so be it. But, your an idiot
You've been generally insulting to everyone else who replied to you.
.... Grow up!
It appears to me obvious that you are posting while intoxicated.

If I demonstrated the same people skills that you have I would call you a drunk.

Perhaps you should consider rereading what you wrote before you hit save if you are intoxicated?

That way we don't make asses of each other and you don't have to ask other people to read back to you the things you wrote.

Last edited:
Reactions: AirGunShooter
Benchrest Match rules for every type of airgun across this entire country are based on the following standards of what is allowed:
1. Caliber
2. FPE
3. Type of rest
4. Total weight of rifle and rest system

PCP specific:
1. Is compressed air available or must you bring your own
2. Is tethering allowed.

So I will step up and do the work:

1. Calibers allowed: .177, .22, & .25
2. FPE < 30
3. Rests: All types are allowed
4. Total weight: < 50 lbs (lite folding tables not actual shooting benchs are being used, as such, leave your rail gun with the 60 lb base at home)
5. Bring your own air supply
6. No tethering

Classifications for scoring will be by type of rifle ( Springer, SSN, PCP etc), and caliber, and type of rest (Rail, Single Piece, 2 piece with bags, 2 piece mechanical, bipod & bag, bipod solo).

Work is done! Let's rock!

Last edited: