CF 3625psi to CF 4500psi tank upgrade(?)

Somewhat a noob question and I think I know the answer, but before pulling the trigger I wanted to take advantage of wiser minds first.

Is there any issue or additional things to upgrade when going from a 3625psi tank to a 4500psi tank?

Running a Condor SS .25cal
Talon Tunes drop down tank adapter (w/5k psi gauge)
TT quick change top hat

TIA for any info.

Just something to consider.
Upon going from a 3625 to 4500 psi bottle your "tune" will be different. In essence your shot curve will be different. Your valve will have a harder time opening at 4500 than 3625.
But upon the chance you have a regulated bottle then the above does not matter.
It does have a regulated valve, but I'm not familiar enough with how they operate to be confident it can regulate from a 4500psi tank(?) The standard tank is 3000 and I purchased it with an upgraded 3624psi tank that works just fine, but is there a limit to what pressure it can handle(?)

ETA: I'm not interested in increasing shot pressure, just increasing full power shot count per fill.

Last edited:
It does have a regulated valve, but I'm not familiar enough with how they operate to be confident it can regulate from a 4500psi tank(?) The standard tank is 3000 and I purchased it with an upgraded 3624psi tank that works just fine, but is there a limit to what pressure it can handle(?)

What pressure is the regulator set to?

If a true regulated valve, then the further the pressure you go from regulated set point (higher pressure fills) the more stress the components will see, which will at best result in more reg creep present after sitting for long periods (don't store your regulated guns at full fill pressure far from the set point), or worse case a failing component.

-Matt

What pressure is the regulator set to?

If a true regulated valve, then the further the pressure you go from regulated set point (higher pressure fills) the more stress the components will see, which will at best result in more reg creep present after sitting for long periods (don't store your regulated guns at full fill pressure far from the set point), or worse case a failing component.

-Matt
3k(?) 2800... I'm not actually sure.

Yes. Max storage pressure I like to see no more than 2800-3000. Most of the time after a shot string though it's often lower.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stubbers
3k.

Yes. Max storage pressure I like to see no more than 2800-3000. Most of the time after a shot string though it's often lower.

The only issue you should be concerned with is if the components can handle it in the event of regulator failure where the gun sees full pressure. So either double check that with other users, or ensure there is a burst disc ahead of the bottle to prevent it from ever seeing 4500 in the worse case scenario.

-Matt

Reactions: Yarome
The only issue you should be concerned with is if the components can handle it in the event of regulator failure where the gun sees full pressure. So either double check that with other users, or ensure there is a burst disc ahead of the bottle to prevent it from ever seeing 4500 in the worse case scenario.

-Matt
Thanks for the info.

I lied. It's been so many years I forgot what I have in it. It looks like the regulator is variable and currently set to 2500psi. I think what I'll do is only fill to current pressures and just enjoy the extra 150cu/in's capacity (430 vs 580).

These things aren't cheap and I'm not too excited about potentially wrecking something trying to max it beyond the components original design.

Reactions: Stubbers