AEA Challenger big bore bullpup or conventional stock?

I prefer the regular stock as I don't like everything being too close to my face. The weight isn't an issue for me because I use a tripod whether I'm hunting or simply at my range.
That was something else I should have added to my original post is how well do you fellows think the two guns balance, bullpup vs. conventional. I've never held one but the conventional stock looks like it would be super nose heavy.
Thx
Ray

There's nothing light about an AEA Challenger in any configuration. I've got a heavy 457 Challenger Bullpup and do like the balance of a bullpup, especially with the forward weight in mind. I did some woodworking on mine, where I slimmed and trimmed the front of the stock. This helps bring the feel or perception of balance back further; but only by a little bit because of all the metal. I wouldn't want the longer version, even hunting out of a blind with a good rest, given the "swing" factor. If strictly ringing steel at long range from the bench then the longer version will be less prone to heartbeat/hold error, but I would not not get the longer version here either.

There's nothing light about an AEA Challenger in any configuration. I've got a heavy 457 Challenger Bullpup and do like the balance of a bullpup, especially with the forward weight in mind. I did some woodworking on mine, where I slimmed and trimmed the front of the stock. This helps bring the feel or perception of balance back further; but only by a little bit because of all the metal. I wouldn't want the longer version, even hunting out of a blind with a good rest, given the "swing" factor. If strictly ringing steel at long range from the bench then the longer version will be less prone to heartbeat/hold error, but I would not not get the longer version here either.
I was thinking along those same lines. Both are heavy, but I'm sure the long version would seem way more so since all that weight is out front like it is. Dumb question, but how much harder is it to cock the bullpup vs. the long version? I mean, reaching back to get to the cocking lever seems a tad awkward.
Thx
Ray

I was thinking along those same lines. Both are heavy, but I'm sure the long version would seem way more so since all that weight is out front like it is. Dumb question, but how much harder is it to cock the bullpup vs. the long version? I mean, reaching back to get to the cocking lever seems a tad awkward.
Thx
Ray
Cocking is not that bad. Both would be done the same really; thumb on the backside of the receiver and pull open the lever with your fingers with purpose, and returning a lead slug into the breach rifling with some effort. Comparing/timing the two gun's completing a series of shots in a hunting type of situation, they're probably both within a millisecond or two of each other getting back on target and taking the next shot.

That was something else I should have added to my original post is how well do you fellows think the two guns balance, bullpup vs. conventional. I've never held one but the conventional stock looks like it would be super nose heavy.
Thx
Ray

I have the regular in .357. Only reason I bought it was the cheap 300 price tag. I would chose the bullpup any other time as the regular is 100 miles long and a tank. It least the bullpup is only a 50 mile long tank. lol.
Is that the regular 357, at 300 bucks?

Cocking not a problem, and i have no problem with it in a blind at all and when you're shooting the distance out to 130-150 yards at critters you better be shooting with some aid, 1.5 pound more than my 35 marlin. The challenger is well made. It's one of the most powerful stock 357s out there. In its price range you can't beat a challenger big bore in any form.

IMG_20240727_174329978.jpg

Kcslugs-214gr (1).jpg