Huben Charging GK1 with Hand Pump

Yeah, I use a hand pump in filling all of my PCP pistols.

How many pumps, like was said above..."many" ! It really doesn't matter does it ? When you get to your desired pressure...you stop pumping, simple as that.

Mike
Until you buy a hand pump and discover that the number of pumps to achieve your desired pressure is too many.

Reminds me of the guy here who balked when he was told that a modded Crosman 1322 would require twenty pumps per shot.

I am ready,

pumps are ready,

....not a worry in the world

1698166998053.png
1698166998053.png

Hahahaha… Are the multiple pumps a strategy for not over-stressing a single pump?
Exactly, that was my technique back in the day when I was shooting/testing a lot,.....rotate pumps, 25 or so strokes then switch that way they never get warm so less stress and you don't need to take breaks....just keep on pumping ;)

As a newly-minted retiree, I plan to do a lot more shooting, and am especially excited about transitioning from firearms to HPA guns.

I get my cardio in with brisk walks and stair-taking, both of which I enjoy. But since I’m lazy about upper body exercise, I’m thinking that air pumping sessions might motivate me to pump up my saggy “guns.” 🔫💪

As a newly-minted retiree, I plan to do a lot more shooting, and am especially excited about transitioning from firearms to HPA guns.

I get my cardio in with brisk walks and stair-taking, both of which I enjoy. But since I’m lazy about upper body exercise, I’m thinking that air pumping sessions might motivate me to pump up my saggy “guns.” 🔫💪
Great thinking there,....good exercise and fill guns in the same time, win, win

Key is.....to get in shape ;)
I am only 63 and until recently, hand pumping was the only thing I did for the airguns I use.

However, my health has taken a turn for the worse, so, although I never even considered buying a compressor, I did buy a GX-cs4.

Considering I have no tanks or even high volume bottled airguns, I guess it is over-kill and the fact that my health is declining relatively fast, I guess longevity of the pump may not be an issue.

And I haven't even shot enough to use the pump for filling my guns except for once each from ~2500-3000psi...

I have to admit that it was nice to not be out of breath and exhausted by hand pumping. And NP66, you should know I have been an advocate of hand pumping for a long time. I think I can still do it, but a lifetime of smoking, drinking and treating my body like a toilet has caught up with me.

All my best!

Kerry

p.s.

Don't Smoke or Vape!

Last edited:
Reactions: SenseiSmash
p.s.

Don't Smoke or Vape!

+1

I don't drink, and I quit smoking cigarettes 8 years ago. quit vaping 2 years ago, and quit marijuana 38 days ago.

To add to that, it's not about GETTING IN shape (easier said than done once out of shape) it is about STAYING IN shape. Sedentary lifestyle is awful for ones body.

So if you're already in shape, hand pumping is a relatively easy task, where as if you're out of it, simply saying to get back into shape is...easier said than done.

-Matt