Cheap Chinese chrony review

I bought the little chrony off aliexpress pictured below. I think I paid $28 shipped. I set it up inside the sensors on my Pro Chrony Digital and fired about 50 shots. The readings were, amazingly dead on. The farthest descrepency was an astounding 1 fps! Since the sino-chrony reads in tenths of fps, it was normally less than 0.5 fps difference. I was amazed at the precision. I was a little apprehensive about shooting thru the small opening, but at around 18" - 24" or so, it was no big deal at all. If you group shoot while chrony'ing you'd need to readjust between groups.
I had bought one before and it was real flaky from day one, but after emailing the this seller back and forth, I decided to give this one a try. I was also told that if I contacted the original seller they would refund my money, but I should have done it a long time ago when I got it, so that's on me. Glad I tried again. I tried to video the shots but messes it up.
Here's pics of the two chrony I used.
IMG_5897.jpeg

IMG_5898.jpeg

I use the one pictured usually because I can set in on my porch rail and shoot through it while shooting groups. I also have the clamp on one. I shot my old conventional chrony so it doesn't work any more so I don't know if either of these inexpensive ones is completely accurate but I pretty much don't care.
They give readings about 10 fps apart. Mainly I need to know when things change and about what velocity I'm shooting. They are so inexpensive I don't see why all airgunners don't have one.

I have the newer Anazon that does the fps, it works but you need to be creative in mounting it on larger diameter muzzles like the Texan LSS. You can use either duct tape or a worm type pipe clamp if you pad it to protect your finish.

I had a couple of the EC5000 chronographs, but I kept dropping them when removing them, both quit working after a trip to the floor. I also have a FX which is a utter POS, it just will not connect to either my IPad or Iphone. If it does it usually will not pickup the shot. I read that they suffer from insuffecient voltage, I would love it if someone with the skills would offer a increased battery pack for it. Shane on FX for producing and selling such a POS.

Regards,

Roachcreek

It appears cheap Chinese chronographs are like cheap Chinese Airguns and British Leland sports cars, it takes 3 to keep one running.

My cheap Amazon chronograph quit this morning.

Everything turns on and the fps function comes on, but it does not record shots.

I am really getting tired of these POS Chronographs $27.00 to $200.00, Chinese to FX.

I can’t return it to Amazon because I canceled my Amazon account after some honesty challenged Amazon employee hacked my Amazon account and my credit card.

Amazon has not been a great experience for me.

Regards,

Roachcreek

The only time my cheap Chinese chronys fail to give a reading is when the sun comes in from the side and “lights up” the bottom where the leds are. Otherwise, it always gives a reading.
I made cardboard side panel sunshields to quick tape on as needed.👍

Like so. Roof over display helps that alot ..

cronysunshilds.jpg

Last edited: