Chinese copy of Coltri MCH-6

I own the Chinese copy. Worked well for 14 months, light use, then froze up while running. Turns out it was the 4th stage. No rings, like many others, just a rod in a sleeve. I replaced the whole 4th stage, cylinder and piston, and it now works like new again. Cost $325 and had the parts in a week, from China. If I had another chance, I'd have went with the REAL Coltri, although it is very hard to find any differences. The DAVV SU100 is very well built, identical to the Coltri. However, there may be differences in the quality of the materials used.

[email protected]

If you actually bought the $2000 Daystate 110 (Coltri MCH3) I would just use it daily to fill all the way to max 4500psi every single day as long as it's under warranty.

I don't know if you are serious or this is just a tongue in cheek attempt at lame humor. I owned a Daystate LC-110 for nearly two years and a local friend of mine purchased it and is using it more than I did. I've owned lots of compressors and I'd rate the LC-110 as one of the best values at its price point. Out of the many number of LC-110's AoA has sold, a small percentage have had failures and the few unfortunate buyers have complained repeatedly which makes it seem that there is a larger problem with LC-110s than there is. AoA in all cases either repaired them or refunded the seller, but usually as a store credit for another item. Cootertwo has had more than his share of issues with compressors but is willing to repair them and has done so. How can you be sure that if any buyer runs the LC-110 into the ground by filling tanks from empty daily that the LC110 will fail? There is no assurance he would get a refund.

Sometimes your wit and humor is amusing. In this case it's not remotely funny nor is it warranted. The LC-110 is a decent compressor and doesn't deserve to be maligned. Did YO(U) own one? 

I don't know if you are serious or this is just a tongue in cheek attempt at lame humor.

Sometimes your wit and humor is amusing. In this case it's not remotely nor is it warranted. The LC-110 is a decent compressor and doesn't deserve to be maligned. Did YO(U) own one?

Agree with Steve above, not sure the point of YoDoyle’s post?

I will say that the little DS LC-110 (Coltri MCH-3) really was designed originally for 220 bar service, not 310 bar. Adding a 330 bar relief valve allows it to fill to 310 bar for Airgun SCBA tank use. It’s not a compressor you want to routinely use to fill tanks from empty, it’s more of a “top off” compressor.
I also wouldn’t use it for topping off back to back to back tanks like I did with mine. It failed with about 25 hours service, the third stage blew out and pressurized the crankcase. Nuvair was unable to repair it for under $1,000 (their labor rate is over $110/hr), so I decided to call it a loss and bought my AireTex Mini Magnum compressor, a true dive compressor that appears to be a clone of the Bauer Junior II. It’s got about ten hours on it now, tops off from 200 to 310 bar in 6 to 7 minutes, and has worked flawlessly. 
So while I think the little Daystate is a good compressor, I wouldn’t buy one if you fill four or five tanks per week back to back to back. It really stresses that little compressor and may lead to failure. FYI, my LC-110 was bought used and no longer under warranty.

If you actually bought the $2000 Daystate 110 (Coltri MCH3) I would just use it daily to fill all the way to max 4500psi every single day as long as it's under warranty.

I don't know if you are serious or this is just a tongue in cheek attempt at lame humor. I owned a Daystate LC-110 for nearly two years and a local friend of mine purchased it and is using it more than I did. I've owned lots of compressors and I'd rate the LC-110 as one of the best values at its price point. Out of the many number of LC-110's AoA has sold, a small percentage have had failures and the few unfortunate buyers have complained repeatedly which makes it seem that there is a larger problem with LC-110s than there is. AoA in all cases either repaired them or refunded the seller, but usually as a store credit for another item. Cootertwo has had more than his share of issues with compressors but is willing to repair them and has done so. How can you be sure that if any buyer runs the LC-110 into the ground by filling tanks from empty daily that the LC110 will fail? There is no assurance he would get a refund.

Sometimes your wit and humor is amusing. In this case it's not remotely funny nor is it warranted. The LC-110 is a decent compressor and doesn't deserve to be maligned. Did YO(U) own one?

I own 2 of the MCH6s one electric and the other is gas. I don't trust them to fill past 4000psi and this is the upper level versions of the Daystate 110.

No humor intended. Odds don't seem very good based on actual users posts that he deserves a better compressor after his $2200 Coltri MCH6 clone went out then he buys a lesser model (at least a genuine lesser model).

That's why I even suggested the Alkin instead that's built heavier duty than the genuine MCH6.

Again I have 2 of the 4 stage MCH6s and never fill past 4000psi. 

If I had the MCH3 I would only Use it to fill the guns directly. Takes minutes to fill a gun direct not seconds. Takes an hour to fill a 60 minute tank. 

I don't even push the MCH6 because I don't trust them to be reliable past 4000psi.

You guys are right after giving it more thought it was unwarranted uncalled for and didn't realize he really enjoys fixing things so it would probably be perfect for him.

If I had the MCH3 I would only Use it to fill the guns directly. Takes minutes to fill a gun direct not seconds. Takes an hour to fill a 60 minute tank. 

I don't even push the MCH6 because I don't trust them to be reliable past 4000psi.

I have a Coltri MCH6 and my most used tank is a 4500psi, 45min SCBA. My regimen is typically to fill the tank before it gets down to 3000psi and always fill it to 4500psi. It usually only takes about 7 or 8 minutes. The compressor does it easily with no complaints.

Why don't you trust your Coltri past 4000psi? Has it failed you in the past?

The Chinese can do a good job of reverse engineering a design, but their metallurgy, chemical engineering (plastics and rubber), and QC can fall short. That's OK on some things but probably not so much for an HPA compressor that you expect to run reliably and have a satisfactory service life.

Never failed yet but since I first got the electric one it seemed to get a little louder from 3800-4000 for the electric and been like that all the time and the gas is too damn loud to hear any difference but it's the same compressor right?

I have a physical problem (doctors never knew what was wrong with me since young) that's not a good thing that I have extra sensitive hearing and smell and eyes. Extra sensory perception in a bad annoying way.

I can smell a dead rat and find exactly where it is quick, smell which direction smoke is coming from when fireman can't see nor smell smoke yet and smell food before everyone else and recognize the ingredients. Hear things people most don't hear (NO not the voices in my head that's different sound all together) like sirens while in a car full of people blasting music (not as loud as the gas Coltri though) and power line transformer humming before it goes BOOM. I ask what's that sound everyone don't know WTF I'm talking about then BOOM! Black out...

OH and only one to hear the gas stove on blowing with the pilot off even the gas smell first to detect.

If I had the MCH3 I would only Use it to fill the guns directly.

Most guns cannot be filled directly to 4500psi. The LC110/MCH3 are probably overkill for filling guns directly anyway. It would be better to fill a separate tank to 4500psi and then fill the guns from the tank.

I'm glad to hear that your MCH6 has never failed you.

Maximizing the stress on equipment just because it is under warranty is not good advice. Is that what you did with yours? Even if it does not fail in the short term, you might be causing excess stress/wear that could affect it's long term service. I would recommend treating it under warranty in the same manner as you intend to use it long term.

I own 2 of the MCH6s one electric and the other is gas. I don't trust them to fill past 4000psi and this is the upper level versions of the Daystate 110.

No humor intended. Odds don't seem very good based on actual users posts that he deserves a better compressor after his $2200 Coltri MCH6 clone went out then he buys a lesser model (at least a genuine lesser model).

That's why I even suggested the Alkin instead that's built heavier duty than the genuine MCH6.

You guys are right after giving it more thought it was unwarranted uncalled for and didn't realize he really enjoys fixing things so it would probably be perfect for him.

You've posted in the past that you've owned more than one Yong Heng compressor. Why would you buy two Coltri compressors that sell for $3,000 apiece that you don't trust to fill a tank up to their 4500 psi rating? Can I share some compressor experience with you? ALL compressors have a different sound at 4000 plus psi than they do at low pressure. It's from the 4000 psi of back pressure that the compressor is pushing against to fill the last 500 psi. My old Bauer continuous duty Utilus sounded different, my Daystate LC-110 sounded different, and my current Alkin W31 sounds different. A compressor is working harder and the sound frequency changes. It's no indication that the compressor is about to die. Anyone who has ever driven a car up a steep mountain grade knows their car engine sounds different than it does on level ground.

Stopping a dive compressor 500 psi below it's rated capacity is like owning a Corvette and being careful not to go over 55 on the interstate. It might extend the life of a Yong Heng but it is unnecessary for a Coltri, Daystate, Alkin, Bauer, Nardi Atlantic, etc. A Kidde compressor head is made for military use and is practically bullet proof. Yet it sounds like it's about to fly apart at 4000 psi plus. Sounds bad, works good.

No humor intended. Get ear plugs and run the MCH-6 compressors at their rated fill pressure or don't. You post quite often and I've seen this 4000 psi advice posted by you several times. It is your privilege to run yours as you choose, but it is a wive's tale for newbie owners who might take it as gospel. It's similar to the "desiccant will eat your filter walls" fable. Another is the "air will weave it's way around desiccant without drying it" fable. Both of those were unsubstantiated retailers' claims.

Reactions: Odoyle
More sage advice from someone who has actually owned the equipment and is qualified to share. I suspect most of what emits from Odoyle's/Yo's mouth is simply regurgitated pseudo-fact based on an incessant amount of surfing and "fact" aggregation from hyperbole and Scientific Cargo Cult.

Well said again Humdinger. Thankfully Odoyle and Yo have two of everything mentioned in any particular topic and are sageful soothsayers on all things related to it; so long as there's a manual, post, or video about said item.

Reactions: Humdinger
I buy extras as spares including guns. The gas MCH6 was to be used in the field as a self contained portable compressor since the YHs aren't. In hindsight I could have just taken along my extra prefilled tanks but the gas MCH6 fits nicely in the trunk of a compact car with room for guns too. It's pretty LOUD though.

I bought the YHs to directly fill guns. Spares because I know they won't last forever and parts take a while from Aliexpress.

I appreciate the education and it really does make sense with the sound changing under increased load come to think if it... Thanks!

Hi

O my god

it is identical to my coltri but spending 1500 $ on a Chinese compressor is very risky better to pay 2000 for the original that has a good reputation

Regards 

Enkey

I agree, why not spend the extra 20% at this price point and get the REAL DEAL, not some sub-par Chinese copy?

Reactions: Odoyle