Crosman Chrome Plated "Salesman Sample" Crosman 38Ts

OK, fellas, looking for some input here. For the past couple of years I've kept my eyes open for a chrome (nickel plated?) 38T and they just don't pop up very often. The information online is sparse as well, moslty referring to them as salesman samples, which is how they are referenced in the Blue Book. I've also come across some speculation that they were made as gifts for retirees. Other than that, there isn't much out there.

What I have been able to determine is there are two versions of the chrome 38Ts. One of them does not have a serial number at all. The other version does have a serial number, and I've come across five of them all made in August of 1976. The serial numbers so far range from 876621827 to 876621892.

Does anyone have any info about these? (If you have a chrome one with SN, I'd love to add it to the database I am keeping!)

I was lucky enough to find three of these as part of a collection I bought recently, and here are a few pics:

IMG_2300.jpg
The front pistol has serial a serial number, and the rear pistol has none. I'm not sure about the grips on the rear pistol as most of these seem to have black grips.

IMG_2302.jpg
Butt of both pistols.

IMG_2304.jpg

This one also lacks a serial number, and the chrome is tarnished or faded. The finish under the grip shines like the other pistols, but the exposed portions are dulled, or a faded gold color.