Classifieds Question

My name is Josh. First time member however long time airgun forum reader. I wanted to list a few brand new FX 480 cc bottles for sale cause I recently just got an MK3 order that was upgraded while waiting for the MK2. Long story short I saw a requirement asking members to post a minimal amount of threads before listing items and was curious if there is a way around this cause I don’t have the time to truly engage like that as much as I’d like too. It just seems like some people don’t exactly have the time to do that just to list some of there gear. I’m not trying to degrade the forums I do like reading and learning but engaging in dialogue is sometimes time consuming which many of us don’t have. I am not trying to sell anything here I honestly would like to know about the requirements to sell items and how to do so.

I really does not take that much time to post a few short replies to someone's thread or introduce yourself and reply to those who reply to your introduction and it is a requirement that you do so. This simple requirement helps trim some of the scammers from the classifieds, as they will not take the time to make the posts, and that is appreciated by the rest of us. 

So, take the five or ten minutes and mingle with the sick and hopelessly addicted souls on the forum. ;^)

Edit;

Oops I guess that's 20 minutes cuz of the two minute requirement between posts.

^^^What BIO said, exactly.

People want to buy from members that are active on the forum and are known to some extent. If someone isn't willing to take the couple of hours to meet a very low minimum bar of 10 posts to earn Classifieds posting privileges, what does that potentially say about the time and effort that person is going to put into to sale of the item (i.e. taking the time to pack it well, ship in a timely manner, provide a tracking #, etc.). And God forbid should something happen with the shipment (it gets delayed or lost, arrives damaged or isn't in the advertised condition), buyers want to know that you'll be around to resolve the issue after the fact. I wouldn't want to buy anything, big or small, from a brand new seller that won't be around after I send out my money...

IMO 10 post is not very much. I would like it better if it were 50 or better 100 post. There are some here who meet 50 posts everyday. And a time frame should be included. Like a month of active engagements.

I totally agree. I also wish the amount of posts someone has was automatically revealed by their avatar. Makes it a lot easier to know who has been active.

I definitely agree about number of posts in avatar. And when joined would be good too so we'd know someone wasn't just joining to sell something. That's not necessarily bad, but it might be nice to know .

This is the most BASIC forum that I get on. There are tons of features missing...

It drives me crazy. I guess they got a very good hosting deal. LOL

Also the problem with the classifieds is it hit or miss finding and buying from a honest person. I was just almost gonna pull the trigger on a silver FX Impact .25 emailed back and forth alot. I gave my phone number twice and asked to talk… Not a peep about wanting to talk from the seller. That is a big red flag to me. Looks like they sold it. good luck to the buyer...

Also the ad was lacking important info like barrel length. Come on people. If you are posting something for sell don't hide facts about the airgun. 

You don't have time to talk… I don't have time to buy. I don't want to buy your problems. 
regular_smile.gif

My name is Josh. First time member however long time airgun forum reader. I wanted to list a few brand new FX 480 cc bottles for sale cause I recently just got an MK3 order that was upgraded while waiting for the MK2. Long story short I saw a requirement asking members to post a minimal amount of threads before listing items and was curious if there is a way around this cause I don’t have the time to truly engage like that as much as I’d like too. It just seems like some people don’t exactly have the time to do that just to list some of there gear. I’m not trying to degrade the forums I do like reading and learning but engaging in dialogue is sometimes time consuming which many of us don’t have. I am not trying to sell anything here I honestly would like to know about the requirements to sell items and how to do so.

Engage on this post.. Where are you from? 

I get it to an extent. But anyone, scammer or not can go forth with the effort for these replies to satisfy rules. I’m far from bitter I just don’t see the logic. As an air gunner the community exist beyond this forum is all I’m saying. The entire community matters. I am more of a reader than poster and the fact I may not have time to post or be active in the airgun nation forum wouldn’t or shouldn’t depict ones lazy or anything or not educated regarding air guns. I would pack my items and ship them better than it came from the factory but no one would see that until I actually ship something.

Vetmx. I think I’m just learning you need to call out who your responding to on a forum cause when you reply it just continues at the bottom of the thread? Is that how this is done on forums? It’s not that I’m unable to deal with this or other means of selling items. I was just surprised about that rule. I mean we’re all basically dorks and nerds who love air guns. I would have never assumed people specifically come on this forum and scam people over bb and pellet guns. I just recently got screwed by FX a bit while waiting on my MK2 I bought all these extras while waiting that are now just gonna sit cause the MK3 is different. And while at it I’m not to impressed by FX and the way they deal with the warranty end of there guns. This is my first FX and last most likely. I have some issues with the MK3 and essentially they told me to deal with it. At any rate I figured this forum is the easiest and quickest and most appreciative way to sell 2 new bottles and a scope mount would be on this forum and support the community. That’s why I anticipated it to be fairly smooth to do but this is not the case.

Yenniedn. I agree however being a hobbyist and when dealing with forums and classifieds from fellow air gunners or which ever hobby I’m in at that time. Because of the way I’ve sold items over the years I’ve only been burnt by buyers. I’ve never been hurt from other sellers when I buy used. Which is rare for me. 99 percent of my classifieds are typically brand new items that are unfortunately classified as used cause I own them but for example these bottles and mounts I need to help recover money on. They were bought brand new from UAG and Optics Planet and never installed or used. So to me they are new and going to be sold at a significant discount just cause they are technically “used”.

I have more faith in humanity I don’t think there’s another dork sitting behind a computer just waiting to screw me on a airgun classifieds ad. So typically I usually ship my items to whomever without payment first. Make sure they or whoever likes it. And usually I get my money shortly there after. By the sounds of a few reply’s here from other members it sounds like this might not be a safe place sell items on? Is this true?

To many of you guys posting about numbers of postings? I love the air gun community and world. Me having limited time for just selling something is maybe a petty statement and maybe I should find more time to engage in forum talk I guess. But guys making 50-100 and over post a day? Seriously can someone explain who has the time to do that? Is that person like a Matt Dubber, 68 Whiskey, Teds Hold Over, Brancato types of people? People or are making some income from the hobby?

Or maybe retired....

You keep saying you don't have time to post, but you've been reading for a while. I can't believe someone is so busy they don't have literally a minute to make a short comment here or there.

Looks like you're well on your way to the 10 posts by now.

Exactly. An example of a "my way or the highway" type of mindset (no offense intended at all). jp81 can do as he pleases. It's a free country. His view of things is perfectly valid. FOR HIM. But one persons's viewpoint (personal situation??) isn't the same as all others.

Vetmx. I think I’m just learning you need to call out who your responding to on a forum cause when you reply it just continues at the bottom of the thread? Is that how this is done on forums? It’s not that I’m unable to deal with this or other means of selling items. I was just surprised about that rule. I mean we’re all basically dorks and nerds who love air guns. I would have never assumed people specifically come on this forum and scam people over bb and pellet guns. I just recently got screwed by FX a bit while waiting on my MK2 I bought all these extras while waiting that are now just gonna sit cause the MK3 is different. And while at it I’m not to impressed by FX and the way they deal with the warranty end of there guns. This is my first FX and last most likely. I have some issues with the MK3 and essentially they told me to deal with it. At any rate I figured this forum is the easiest and quickest and most appreciative way to sell 2 new bottles and a scope mount would be on this forum and support the community. That’s why I anticipated it to be fairly smooth to do but this is not the case.

At the top of the reply you are wanting to reply to, hit "quote" and this will do what i did here. Then you can reply directly to that statement/post in a way.

At the top of the reply you are wanting to reply to, hit "quote" and this will do what i did here. Then you can reply directly to that statement/post in a way.

Thank you kindly. Very new to this whole thing.