Classifieds restrictions

So far I have found it to be fairly simple - Most of the time I recognize the persons AGN handle - if not then I look at their postings - when was the latest one - the content - and who they seem to communicate with. Seems feedback is pretty much useless - I have requested feedback when I've bought or sold and rarely does anyone leave it. My final decision is a phone call to the other party - rather I am the seller or the buyer. I would bet 99.9% of someone running a scam won't know a damn thing about airguns - in about 20 seconds and a few simple questions I am convinced I could tell if I am being scammed.
I might get bit one day but so far its worked really well. I've had a good experience buying and selling on AGN.

I am counting down the days before being able to message a seller. It is annoying, but hey not my forum. Do any of the big online sellers offer a third party transfer service? Would be nice to pay AOA / Utah etc to inspect/service and transfer the airgun once the seller gives the all clear. My guess is that they are too busy to offer such a service, but would help with the leap of faith.

This forum is a privately owned entity. The owner can make what ever rules he wants to regardless of someone else’s view of equity is.
You are not forced to be here. In fact if you do not like it here you are welcome to leave at any time. We would prefer new people stick around, share your thoughts, knowledge and questions with the rest of us.
The rule is a measure to protect members and engender participation beyond buying and selling. This is a community of air gunners and not an open market place.

I now only deal in person ,face to face , Cash only . But even then you can get scammed , i drove 2 hours to get to an empty field .
Google Earth is your friend. But word of caution here, being Google, it's hit or miss if there is something IN that empty field. But still it pays to check.

Reactions: beerthief
Geez, is it just me? I'm really tired of new "members" whining about buying or selling on classifieds. Seems like threads like this pop up every few days. If you didn't read the rules, shame on you. If you did read the rules then why are you whining, you read the rules. If the only reason you joined AGN is to buy or sell maybe this in not where you need to be.

Every week these same things pop up. These topics. To me it says that something is "broken" Well, let the wisest decide
Hows it "broken"? sadly too few bother reading any rules eulas etc or even notice the big red warnings at the top of the classified page. Sadly you cant fix those types of people no matter how in your face you make it.

Hows it "broken"? sadly too few bother reading any rules eulas etc or even notice the big red warnings at the top of the classified page. Sadly you cant fix those types of people no matter how in your face you make it.
Ok I used wrong term. That's why apostrophes. But if you noticed I wasn't the only one who commented that these topics are coming more often and more frequently. The complete hiding of the section that someone mentioned in the forum feedback section might not be such a bad idea until, You could post on classified page.

Reactions: Treks
Ok I used wrong term. That's why apostrophes. But if you noticed I wasn't the only one who commented that these topics are coming more often and more frequently. The complete hiding of the section that someone mentioned in the forum feedback section might not be such a bad idea until, You could post on classified page.
That would be nice too. Sadly too often those just coming here for the classifieds rarely contribute after they get what they want.