Cleaning Pellets?

Save your money they don't do much of anything. Yes, they get dirty from the graphite that comes off of the pellets but the graphite doesn't cause problems anyway. Usually you only clean an airgun barrel when you start to loose accuracy. That is usually caused by leading. It takes quite a bit more than a cleaning pellet to get the lead out and return the gun to it's full accuracy potential.

Cant speak for PCP rifles, but they are bad news for springers. Not enough cushion for the piston from a cleaning pellet so it may slam the end of the compression tube and damage the seal. Many of the cleaning pellets leave particles of fiber behind inside the barrel. Enough of those fibers could cause issues with the delicate rifling. I would never recomend cleaning pellets for any spring gun.

Cant speak for PCP rifles, but they are bad news for springers. Not enough cushion for the piston from a cleaning pellet so it may slam the end of the compression tube and damage the seal. Many of the cleaning pellets leave particles of fiber behind inside the barrel. Enough of those fibers could cause issues with the delicate rifling. I would never recomend cleaning pellets for any spring gun.

Please explain the bolded part better.

They do come out dirty. I always liked to run a patch through with oil. But, my Steyr Pro X manual says to only use felt pellets.

IMG_1262.1645001383.jpeg