Club 500 !!!!!

Rick ,if your going to make the challenge set the rules . IE : caliber , cold bore (no sighters for wind) , extra credit for those with no protected shooting lanes ( where I shoot most of the time wide open 5-15 mph winds with a draw running thru it. You may be 2.5 mil hold off the 1st 2 shots but then 1.5 the other way for the next 2 )

Reactions: Shooter1721
Rick ,if your going to make the challenge set the rules . IE : caliber , cold bore (no sighters for wind) , extra credit for those with no protected shooting lanes ( where I shoot most of the time wide open 5-15 mph winds with a draw running thru it. You may be 2.5 mil hold off the 1st 2 shots but then 1.5 the other way for the next 2 )
Is it very simple 5 shots at 500 yds at a 12 inch steel plate…. yes wind flags . Has to to be an airgun . Please video for proof of shots .

Reactions: n21fd and trlrman
I want to give it a try.

Rod Java and I plan on doing 500yd shooting for score on July 24th. The main targets will be F-class 500yd paper targets for N.U.A.H. submission.

I’ll also see about setting up a 12”x12” square plate with a Flash Bang steel target hit indicator.

We’re at sea level with dense air and coastal breeze. Great weather to be outside, but often makes for challenging ELR shooting. Weather for the 24th is predicted to have temps in high 70s and winds to be 6 to 12mph.

This is another thread where I get to meet airgun heroes.
(I'm not being ironic here — I find this XLR challenge eXtremely cool!) 😃

Currently, I don't have the money to buy or mod a gun to shoot reasonably well at that distance — but I am very interested to save up for it! 💪🏼

Matthias

This is another thread where I get to meet airgun heroes.
(I'm not being ironic here — I find this XLR challenge eXtremely cool!) 😃

Currently, I don't have the money to buy or mod a gun to shoot reasonably well at that distance — but I am very interested to save up for it! 💪🏼

Matthias
All you ever need is some steel, a pcp, a protractor a slug and an awful amount of luck! Lob away.. ;)

Reactions: JungleShooter
Indeed. Luck isn't why we push distance. Math physics trial and error and good amount of perseverance and will are needed. Also we have to be conscious of the capabilities of the setup we use. I wouldn't aim at a 1moa target with a 3moa setup, but would eventually hit it. I was kidding if i wasn't clear.
So much work goes into successful long range shooting, just like any top level competition in this sport. Even after the greatest preparation we run into moths-nature and boy can she be a Bit_h!!! 🤣

Pic of range , up top from right to left 400 ,450, wind sock then 500 . Also pic of Gear used . The red KYL rack is 129 yards for referance .
20240722_053748.jpg
20240720_143652.jpg
20240720_143652.jpg