Club 500 !!!!!

Just read 30 tube any chance of a 34 tube mount ?
We realize that a lot of longe range shooters have had to move to 34mm+ diameter scopes in order to squeeze out some extra range but by using an adjustable base with the Absolute MOA system, it eliminates the need for large diameter scope tubes, the larger turrets, and extra cost usually associated with them.
I know it's a bummer for those who have already invested in the 34mm so I can see it happening in the future if there is enough demand, but I can't tell you with any certainty when that might be.

Reactions: trlrman
Thanks Mike.
If you ever make it up this way, I've got some great ELR shooting areas and I'd love to get you and your team up to speed with how fast and easy ELR can be with an adjustable base and Absolute MOA system.
Thanks. That would be great. I intend on coming to OR next year about a week in advance (along with a few other Team Centercut members) to assist Wayne in setting up for and running the EFT GP and EBR portions of his annual competition. I can get there the weekend prior and do some ELR shooting with you and maybe Dave, Carl, and Gabe (they live in the Portland area). And Scott and Augie (they live in N CA area) @dwilson050 @Oregun @Gabester @Scotchmo @Bigragu

Last edited:
Reactions: Oregun and Swish
I decided to use 12”x12”x1/4” so i could use at closer range also. Its going to hang from 3/8” chain. I put it together and tapped with my pocket knife and the light went off so should be good. My big problem now is i can’t find a place to shoot a full 500. I can get 480 from the top of 1 hill to the top of another don’t know where else to go.

Rick ,if your going to make the challenge set the rules . IE : caliber , cold bore (no sighters for wind) , extra credit for those with no protected shooting lanes ( where I shoot most of the time wide open 5-15 mph winds with a draw running thru it. You may be 2.5 mil hold off the 1st 2 shots but then 1.5 the other way for the next 2 )
Oh there is no way I can do this with all those rules. There is probably no way I can do it at all but with all the extra rules that would become a barrier to wanting to try. It takes serious effort to find a 500 yard place to plink.

It takes serious effort to find a 500 yard place to plink.

Hey, come to Peru.
We have miles and miles of empty beaches. 😎

And miles and miles of desert. 😆

And miles and miles of Amazon jungle. O wait, you can't shoot farther than 100y there.... 🤦🏻‍♂️

And miles and miles of mountains, all they way up to 20.000ft — so you can shoot 500y both horizontally and at an almost vertical angle. 💪🏼

500y
1000y
1500y

You get the idea. 😃

Next month an AGN member is coming to visit me in Peru....

Matthias

Last edited:
Reactions: steve123
Well this is turning into a major investment. And 22 fpe on 1/4” 12x12 plate hanging from 3 links of 3/8” chain wont set the light off. So between that and the only place to shoot is 20 yds short of 500 i wont be trying this.
Just went back out and 24 fpe will light it up. Ya know just my luck. Lol i might try at 480 yds hell thats a pretty good ways for a 74 fpe @ the muzzle gun

Last edited:
Reactions: Healthservices
Well i gave this a beginning today at only 352 yds sighted in for 45 and managed to hit 1 out of the first five and this was from bucket and styx. I need to work up a better zero first and i can see where a bench is also necessary, and a rake to lossen up dirt around target as i only saw dust from 1 miss. This was my sight pic
IMG_4650.jpeg

352 is still excellent with a airgun! 👍

Especially with bucket and sticks!

Just need to have adjustable scope rings to see 500 yards better. If you are cheap like I was, do this.

Post in thread 'Shimming for moa' https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/shimming-for-moa.1291325/post-1653451

There are other ways to shim the adjustable scope rings that are in the post. Or you can do one of the more expensive ways using a easier to use adjustable rings.

What slugs are you using?

Allen

Last edited:
352 is still excellent with a airgun! 👍

Especially with bucket and sticks!

Just need to have adjustable scope rings to see 500 yards better. If you are cheap like I was, do this.

Post in thread 'Shimming for moa' https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/shimming-for-moa.1291325/post-1653451

There are other ways to shim the adjustable scope rings that are in the post. Or you can do one of the more expensive ways using a easier to use adjustable rings.

What slugs are you using?

Allen
Tiapan vet 2 tactical in 25 cal shooting 34.9 gr nsa @ 970. Im going to keep giving this a go every once and a while. Lots of stuff to cart out in the woods to try this! And ya longest shot i ever tried especially with an air rifle! We’ll get there

Last edited:
Reactions: Healthservices