Club 500 !!!!!

.25 Panthera , Zulus on a cold shot base . I am very tech challenged so what you see is what you get . Not as far as Rick and n21fd were shooting this is 503 yards , the other 20 yards is HUGE at that distance .
In 5 consecutive shots do we have our first 5 hits? You shot so many I cannot tell if there were 5 in a row. I will have to watch again.

Reactions: trlrman
After watching and listening on a larger than my phone screen I can confirm the 1st 5 were impacts . Slow it down w/tools and you can see light flash .
I have already apologized to Rick for not following protocol on the 5 shots. I will try to do better .
Regardless of the “protocol”, 10 for 14 is a really good hit rate. A 12” target at 500yds is a little over 2moa. That’s good consistency at that distance.

I spent about 5 hours today at the range with Rod Java. He brought his Altaros M24 .25 caliber and his Texan 257. I brought my 7mm build and my .308 (still under development). We had a good time shooting various targets at various distances from 200m to 550yds.

I setup targets yesterday and thought we had a 12” steel square but it was gone. I did setup 500yd F-class paper targets and took 5 shots at it with my 7mm. We could not see our hits or misses on paper at that distance. We drove out to the 500yd targets to retrieve them. I shot two F-class targets. On the 2nd target that I shot, I got a 2 MOA group but it was not centered all that great. As it was today, only one shot would have hit a centered 12” square on either try. I’ll get a 12” square steel target for a future try.

IMG_3092.jpeg

500yd F-class targets 47yds in front of the 500m high power silhouette targets:
7mm-500yds-00.jpeg

.25 Panthera , Zulus on a cold shot base . I am very tech challenged so what you see is what you get . Not as far as Rick and n21fd were shooting this is 503 yards , the other 20 yards is HUGE at that distance .
That's a spicy meatball, big boy! You are still my air gun hero (until I get better taste). If you lighten the trigger, you won't have to grunt so much when you send those long shots out there.

Seriously, great shooting Jim.

My 500yds effort from a little while ago.....

Been waiting for the right conditions to try the H&N 36gr out to 500yds.... this evening was it ....complete lack of wind going on dusk.

Plate is 10" dia...one mag of 28 shots... They perform very well .They really like being pushed 1060-1070 seems to be the sweet spot. just on 137moa of drop :LOL:

......and again......this is with the Standard FX Liner ..

500yds-Reicle-t-Over-Hold.jpg

M3-500yds-HN-36gr.jpg

Era-Tac-30moa.jpg

500yds-HN-36gr.jpg

NF-Max-Elevation.jpg

500yds-looking-back.jpg

M3 Impact .25 using a Ravin Jack Plate with Absolute MOA Digital Readout shooting Corbin/Skout slugs at just over 900fps.
Sorry, but I just couldn't stop at 5 and was able to land 16 in a row on an 8" plate at 500.
Just for an actual size comparison between targets.

12" square covers 144 square inches
8" circle covers 50.27 square inches

Reactions: Centercut