Crosman CO2 Cartridge Stuck In 2240

Went to change cartridges and cannot remove the old. Went to Google and Utube and tried the stuff recommended in the various videos without success. Probably have to dismantle the gun, which is more of a task than you think because you all sound like you are very handy and I am all thumbs. Before turning my pistol into a pile of parts I wanted to try to put some Kroil oil in there and let it sit a while. Is that going to cause me additional problems?

put some chewing gum on it with a stick
if you can hold on to it take it outside and just throw the gun but don't let go inertia will make the cart to leave

and what the guy did in the video was push the cart harder in to the valve and then spin it against the seal, really

first off most of us have sticks laying around and if you don't have a hot glue gun, for God sake why not

i see these posts all the time and scratch my head

here if the 2240 that likes to grab my carts
SAM_0346.JPG

Last edited:
N
put some chewing gum on it with a stick
if you can hold on to it take it outside and just throw the gun but don't let go inertia will make the cart to leave

and what the guy did in the video was push the cart harder in to the valve and then spin it against the seal, really

first off most of us have sticks laying around and if you don't have a hot glue gun, for God sake why not

i see these posts all the time and scratch my head

here if the 2240 that likes to grab my carts
View attachment 401847Nice!

I gave up on removing it as is and took the gun apart and got it out. The firing pin was jammed into the cartridge and even with them both out of the gun it was very hard to separate them. Got it working now. I guess I must have screwed the tube cap on too tight, though I thought it had not been excessive. At least now I know how to take it apart and put it back together again. Thank goodness for YouTube "How
To" videos.