co2 pistol

I use a little Diana Airbug 177 CO2 pistol. It'll hold CO2 for maybe a week. The gas cartridges are really cheap at WalMart so I don't care if it loses gas or I have to bleed it off every week or so and put in a new one. I chase squirrels out of garden and don't care to kill them, only give them something to think about. The Diana is pretty cheap at Pyramid Air as is the Bug Buster scope which focuses down to 3 yards. Might give this combo a try as it will be more user friendly and is really light weight.
65D6AC1B-5CF8-4C50-8D31-04D98914767C.jpeg

My apologies if this is unrelated. The original post has changed, but it seems like you are looking to ward off birds of prey. My wife loves her chickens but sometimes hawks come and kill the chickens. She doesn't like guns, so no air gun for her, but she seems to like using slingshots. So I got her a bowl of dried beans, and she shoots at hawks when they come by. They fly away and dont come back for a while. Dried beans from a slingshot don't do much damage, barely leaves a mark on drywall.

Now with hawks barely coming by, chickens have been safe.. but now we've got a bunch of mice coming by now... maybe hawks were controlling mice population. So I ended up getting an air pistol (Beeman P-17) to kill the mice.. but I have been unsuccessful after days of shooting at them. Shooting at a tiny, fast moving mice seem to be a lot more challenging than stationary target shooting. I like it though. It is incomparably cheaper than .45 ACP, and I can shoot in my backyard.