Coltri MCH 6 Owners, get in here, this thread is for you!!

I agree, all the information about the units is accurate, although I think 110 is a bad choice if in USA unless you absolutely can not get a 220 socket installed. The 110 15 amp is pretty standard in the USA. If your contractor was the over engineering type, they might be 20 amp. not only does the high amperage of the 110v model strain your electrical system it is not quite enough juice to run the motor efficiently and more importantly effectively. If you call Nuvair and talk to one of their reps, they can explain it better than I can. I already had a 220v socket in my garage, but if I didn’t I would have installed one. It wouldn’t cost a fortune to have an electrician come and install a 220 outlet, and I think it would be all around better in every aspect. Again, I urge you to talk to Nuvair, they aren’t going to try to up-sell you if you call. In fact, Mitch talked me out of a few things I thought would be useful and steered me in a better, more wallet-friendly direction.
I know from personal experience with owning a Daystate LC-110 that everthing Big Vitamin says in this post is spot on. The LC-110 lasted four years with only 20 hours run time when it stopped building pressure beyond 2000 psi. The cost to ship back and forth was going to be $300 plus a $600 minimum quote for repairs from AoA. $900 repair bill for a $2K compressor after 20 hours runtime. In 20/20 hindsight an MCH6 is the better choice. 220V, more powerful 4 stage compression, 3HP motor vs. 1.1HP, double the fill speed, and less strain on the compressor. Spend the extra money and get an MCH6 or whatever Coltri calls it now. But if you can afford an even better built compressor, get an Alkin.

Reactions: Ctkny and RAMJET66
Anyone have a photo of the filter setup? I need to get a filter and thinking of buying maybe using one from Coltri.
Ther is a double filter bracket, steel line that goes from the water separator tower to the final drier filter. Very easy to install,and the air is wicked dry. Nuvair has the kits. 250.00 price but I think it’s worth it.

IMG_1944.jpeg

IMG_1943.jpeg

Reactions: Phasor00
For those that purchased their compressors from Nuvair how was payment made. Were you able to use a credit card or did you have to do a bank wire? I'm in the preliminary stages of shopping for a new compressor and this one the Icon 220 v model looks like it might fill the bill.

Thanks!
I recently purchased mine and I used my credit card. -Tony

Reactions: Phasor00
Well, I just got off the phone with Nuvair and ordered an Icon 220v with auto shut off and DRV 300 DIN valve for the fill hose. I also ordered extra filters and oil so should be good to go for awhile. This thread and reviews by the members here convinced me that this would be the right choice for me. So, for that I thank you.

I did not shoot much this summer, so my MCH-6 compressor sat without running for about 4 months. I turned it on today and gave it a 20 minute warm-up, with no load. Then I placed the compressor under load, and filled two tanks, followed by a 20 minute cool down with no load. I had no issues.

My question- what is the longest period you have not run your MCH-6 for, and encountered no problems afterward? Alternatively, if you did encounter problems, what was that period of not running?

I am just trying to gauge this for future reference. Thank you.

I have not been following the instructions, recommendations, suggestions etc.., concerning proper storage.

I store my Daystate/MCH6 inside with a dust cover. When I first got it I would run it periodically when not in regular use.
If I had a designated outlet and walked past the compressor all the time, then I would most likely push the button and allow it to run on a reg. bassis. I do not and it's been neglected in that regard for @6 months +/- with no ill effects.

That said, it's an expensive item, and I would follow whatever Coltri/Nuvair recommends.

Reactions: groak