N/A Cometa Fenix 400 .22

Just got this in from Keystone Airguns and gotta say I'm impressed. The gun seems well made but not fancy which I really like. Compared to my HW30S I'm afraid to use it and get it banged up.
20240913_213527.jpg

This gun quality wise seems great for the money. Also for being a higher power .22 I got to say the shot cycle feels great. Shooting this compared to my HW30S I now understand what people mean by buzzy and twangy. And I'm not talking about the Cometa lol. Not sure how heavy the trigger is but I have no issues with it at all. Nice and light and good 2 stage. Put some pellets tonight just to get it roughly sighted in with the open sights and found the gun balanced very well. Not really hard to shoot off hand. This was shooting at 10yds with CPHPs just off hand working the windage over to center. For not shooting offhand much in a long time I find it easy to shoot well and put quite a few very close to eachother.
20240913_213603.jpg

Then this was 4 shots at 20yds off hand. Again pretty good for my skills. I pulled that one down low but still not bad at all.
20240913_213549.jpg

So far initial impressions are great. I'm looking forward to really breaking it in and getting to know it better. But for a $269 gun, I don't think it can be beat. Ive been kicking the idea of a decent .177 to play with maybe a PCP as i dont have one, but if this gun keeps it up i might go for a USC version of this instead.

What a sweet rifle!

I'm going to get a .177 with a gas ram as soon as they are available. I hear nothing but good things about them. I'm leaning toward the carbine version with the synthetic stock.

Are you going to mount a scope? How do you like the iron sights?

Let us know how you like it as time goes by. I'm anxious to get one!

Reactions: Dairyboy
So far really liking it. Shot it more this morning and with some 15.9gr JSBs and seems to like them as well. Gun is very easy to shoot offhand. Balance is really nice. I shot it with my HW30S and man that guns is so nice to shoot lol. Difference between a 6-7fpe gun to a 16-17fpe gun. But I could shoot the Cometa better off hand than the HW30S cause I think it's a hair too light. Then again I'm much better at shooting pests than I am at a small dot on a box and have never had a problem with the HW30S taking down pests.

As far as scope I'm not going to. I like the simplicity of springers for a reason and a scope complicates it more. Just simple irons like when I was younger. If I want to use a scope I got PCPs for that. I really like them though. Very good fiber optic ones makes it much easier to see compared to my HW30S.

I hear you on the scope. I like irons too. Especially for hunting small critters scurrying around. Scopes are fragile and finicky and get stuff on the lenses. Always an issue in the truck or crashing around in the brush.

I've been playing with a .177 springer (Hatsan) the past few evenings and I like it. But I like the .22 version better. They definitely hit harder despite the speed difference.

I ordered a .22 gas ram with a synthetic stock. It should be a squirrel killing machine at altitude. We will see....

Reactions: Dairyboy