Other Cometa Fenix USC Gas Ram .22 short review

Flying B

Jul 14, 2024
I have had this rifle for two weeks and can't find anything I dont like about it.
I use this to shoot sparrows and starlings from my back porch. Most of my shots are less than 40 yards with a few around 55 yards. This rifle will shoot quarter size groups all day long. I am shooting the Crosman premier domed 14.3 and the H & N 14.6 . So far the Crosman premier are more accurate than the H&N pellets. I have about 200 shots through the rifle and it already is getting smoother to cock. It is a pretty stout rifle to cock. I don't have any fancy device to tell me
how fast or powerful this rifle is but it shoots holes through targets I have been shooting with my Crosman Trail NP .22 and it just dents the metal.
Anyhow I highly recommend this rifle and I am saving to buy the longer barrel version. Keystone Air Guns is a pleasure to deal with. Jon treats you like a friend and not a customer .
C2BEB4C8-D2F0-4094-BCD6-E3A0ECFF3035_1_201_a.jpeg
IMG_6228.jpeg
IMG_6234.jpeg
IMG_6219 2.jpeg
IMG_6219.jpeg
IMG_6239.jpeg

Trigger is nice. Smooth first stage then a solid stop. Crisp break second stage. I am guessing 1.5-2 lbs pull
Always liked the lines of the Fusion

Reactions: Flying B
Seems like a very nice rifle!! How is the barrel lockup on the rifle? From what I have seen these have a ball bearing detent instead of a chisel just like the legacy diana 34.
Yes its a ball bearing instead of a chisel. Locks up like a bank vault. My Crosman uses the chisel design and its been good also.

I have a Crosman Trail Nitro Piston that I bought 13 years ago and have shot that rifle thousands of times with no problems. That sold me on gas pistons
Regarding the gas piston thing, does Cometa have any established track record regarding longevity? I've had a bit of trouble (completely leaked out with a very low pellet count) with G-rams in my Hatsan 95 Vortex, so I'm not sold on them yet (the gas rams, that is). Your Crosman seems to have been proven uber-reliable though...13yrs and still going on that ram??? That has got to be some kind of record! Re your new Cometa, that is one beautiful stock on that rifle!!

Regarding the gas piston thing, does Cometa have any established track record regarding longevity? I've had a bit of trouble (completely leaked out with a very low pellet count) with G-rams in my Hatsan 95 Vortex, so I'm not sold on them yet (the gas rams, that is). Your Crosman seems to have been proven uber-reliable though...13yrs and still going on that ram??? That has got to be some kind of record! Re your new Cometa, that is one beautiful stock on that rifle!!
I don't know about longevity on the gas ram in the Cometa but I do know the chinese made Trail NP I bought back in 2011 is still healthy. I hope the Spanish used a better gas ram than Crosman . If so I should be set for the rest of my life :). This was the old Crosman 3 weeks ago.
IMG_5816.jpeg