FX Comparing the FX Wildcat to the Benjamin Akela

1720038846137.png

FX Wildcat Mk III - $1530 (refurbished)

1720039411848.png

Benjamin Akela - $600 (new)

I bought the Akela instead of the FX Wildcat because of price difference alone. I have been very happy with the Akela. Has anyone ever shot both and care to comment on the differences and whether you believe the price difference is worth it to own the Wildcat?

Reactions: Wait_what
I have the Cayden which is one of the three in the Benjamin Craftsmen series (Made by Reximex) and these guns all shot well and were a good value for the money. At the end of the day, if it's got a good shot count, is accurate and reliable and you like it, that is where the value is.

It's hard to compare one to the other and finding one who had both would be a low probability.

Reactions: Perle
View attachment 477227

View attachment 477229

I bought the Akela instead of the FX Wildcat because of price difference alone. I have been very happy with the Akela. Has anyone ever shot both and care to comment on the differences and whether you believe the price difference is worth it to own the Wildcat?
The biggest different is the modular versatility of the wildcat and the fact that it can shoot slug. With the akela you can really only shoot pellets but it does it damn good, and you do NOT need a mod whatsoever. For the amount of usable shots you can get out of the akela, it cannot be beat at it's price point.

Reactions: Perle
The biggest different is the modular versatility of the wildcat and the fact that it can shoot slug. With the akela you can really only shoot pellets but it does it damn good, and you do NOT need a mod whatsoever. For the amount of usable shots you can get out of the akela, it cannot be beat at it's price point.
My Akela shoot slugs just fine. What problems have you had shooting slugs in yours?

View attachment 477227

View attachment 477229

Wild cat is regulated and akela isnt but for 100 bucks you can regulate the akela with a lane regulater works awsome i just go to rich at airgun revisions and buy longer air tube but as far as being a dead shot the akela is just as good i watch my friend split a playing at a hundred yards with akela i think you made a good choice hit me up if you need help with anything

Wild cat is regulated and akela isnt but for 100 bucks you can regulate the akela with a lane regulater works awsome i just go to rich at airgun revisions and buy longer air tube but as far as being a dead shot the akela is just as good i watch my friend split a playing at a hundred yards with akela i think you made a good choice hit me up if you need help with anything
I bought a HUMA regulator for my Akela. Like you say, cheap upgrade.

I found any grouping issues with my Akela was moderator alignment/clipping issue. I think the moderator tends to unloosen slightly with the heavy hammer strike vibration.
I never put a moderator on mine. By far it has been the quietest pcp I have owned and shot out of all the guns I have had the pleasure to shoot. My best groups with the akela were a .27 and a .23 CTC. When it came down to hunting I could always hit my mark, it preffered the AA 5.51 16gr pellets over all of them.

Reactions: orangeokie