• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

Complete baseplate with bag.. what is a good price?

IMG_0808.jpeg
IMG_0861.jpeg
IMG_0812.jpeg
IMG_0816.jpeg
IMG_0815.jpeg
My Friend is trying to start a small buisiness in add-ons for airrifles, or rifles in general! Some have bought some of his work he is James mitchell precision in te Netherlands.

Some of the time i give him material and ask him to transform this to an object of my choosing.

This time a baseplate,

This can be ceracoated but mine is going to be anodized with no collour, so it wil be grey(ish)
IMG_0861.jpeg

Now he is wondering what would be a good price since a basic plate (without a bag) goes for 200 dollars more or less! The clamp is a verry nice generic one, i’m quite happy with rock solid quick to adust or disconnect.

What do you guys think?

Alex

Attachments

• IMG_0814.jpeg
    IMG_0814.jpeg
    660.3 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: tibor
That looks really nice. One thing to think about from an air rifle point of view: we struggle with fore-end depth. Making the plate so that the clamp can sit down in the plate would be beneficial to get the plate closer to the rail. This may not be worth the effort, but I thought I would point it out.

Just for reference, the slots on my plates allow for a 1 inch strap. Can't tell from your photo if the slots are long enough for the straps on most popular bags.

Also, if the bottom is flat, he could replace the clamp with an arca adapter and you could flip it over to use as a bino plate on top of a tripod.

Very nice work.