• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Compressor choice, and how to avoid scams.

Hello Airgun Nation!
I am looking to buy a affordable compressor. I have seen so many brands and dont know which ones are good, and which ones that ain't clones.
The brands that I feel would be worth the money are: Young Heng, GX and possibly Tuxing.

I have found a Yong Heng from Germany on AliExpress, for a decent prize but I'm not sure if it's a clone or original. Link to said compressor: https://a.aliexpress.com/_EvmlMLp

It has the black sign on the side, but they do not offer the model with a lcd display.
Does anyone here know if this is a clone, and how do you tell it's original outside the black stampsign on the side, and if the seller offers the lcd model?

Tuxing does offer alot of spares if anything does happen to the compressor but I have read alot of bad reviews of the cheaper ones. Have Tuxing gotten any better or do they still offer compressors that needs fixing pretty fast, and bad customer's service?

Then there are all the newer brands, I haven't read about there being GX clones, and almost everyone seems happy with their GX.

Vevor seems pretty cheap and the reviews I have read seems to be from satisfied customers. I have found one Vevor I liked the specs on but it looks like a Yong Heng clone, here is the link anyways. If there turns out to be many people who are satisfied with such a Vevor, it would be great since its so cheap and free shipping 😆 https://a.aliexpress.com/_Eyrfdrd

Nuoge compressors I havent found much about, they look pretty cheap, if I can say as much. But I dont know this world so maybe I'm wrong

Cobra brand compressors atleast look a little better than the Nuoge ones, but I couldn't find much about them either.

Does anyone know if I get the warranty from Amazon if I buy it from Europe, specifically Skandinavia?

Edit: I have been in contact with Europeairguns.com and they recommended their new Onix series compressors.
They are atleast a 100 euro more, and with tax and duty fees it's probably gonna cost about 600 euro for this one:

Does anyone know anything about Onix compressors?

Sorry for such a messy and drawn out post.

Your's truly Infantrage

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum, glad to have you. Yong Heng clones are hard to spot, especially since advertisers use stock photos, not necessarily what they're offering. Replacing mine I'd search any listing's "Description" section for manufacturer, "YongyIHeng Pneumatic Company." Copyright infringement is a popular pastime in China but feel authorities draw the line at falsely identifying manufacturer. Compressor metal ID plate should reflect as pictured, problem is you don't know until unboxing. Searching eBay found 4 Yong Hengs, two listed YongyIHeng Pneumatic Company or "Yong Heng," as manufacturer. I'd e-mail seller verifying manufacturer and that metal ID reflects same. Also, what recourse I'd have should this not be the case. WM
IMG_20220306_111739.jpg

Just buy a Yong Heng. At the price in your link it's worthwhile. If you can contact seller for verification it's a real YH it would be pretty hard to do better pricewise. GX feedback is good but at twice the price & 3 times as long to fill or top off tanks I'm partial to the great success I've had with YH.

Last edited:
Reactions: PasadenaMike
I got one YH back in 2020 appears to be original. Two years later I wanted a backup and bough one again, didn't had the specs black sticker on side - probably a clone. Both worked the same. Rebuilt the one currently running two times already (swap the entire cylinder head) I don't know which one, the other is for salvaging parts.
On aliexpress there is a YH official store if you really wanna overthink, but myself I was always buying parts much cheaper from third parties on same aliexpress.
I have about 65 hrs total running time on my working compressor and I am not really carefully taking well care of it.
For the money the YH is a good value especially for starters or immediate users.
Of course you can spend 10-20x more $ if you wish, but that doesn't necessary means you will be 10x happy with....

Another vote for the GX platforms. Portable and on sale. This is cheaper than my first hand pump!

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
While it's not appropriate to highlight specific brands, as all can present challenges, it is evident that YH enjoys a significant following and offers an extensive range of parts. Possessing a backup compressor is wise to guarantee uninterrupted operation during maintenance. For those new to this, it's crucial to purchase within your means, ensure the availability of parts, and have the ability to undertake repairs. Also, consider if you will be filling tanks or solely the PCP; typically, the less stress placed on the compressor, the more durable it will be. Investing in a home compressor is a sound decision.

Last edited:
I have had a yong heng, vevor (the same model as shown in the photo above), and a GX CS4

The yong heng had a couple of failures, currently not functioning. The vevor functions but there's some kind of a leak that forces air into the water cooling jacket, so a lot of air is coming out the waterline instead of going into the gun it seems. Slower than YH and very noisy.

The cs4 is an entirely different beast. Quiet, self contained, compact, no rattle/clatter when running... the others had to stays in the basement or garage but the CS4 sits in my living room next to my gun cabinet.

It definitely takes longer to fill things than the YH as people have already pointed out.

Depending on what you do you could spend a fair amount of time sitting there waiting around listening to a compressor, so getting one that's not annoying seems worthwhile. I spend more time shooting since i got the cs4 - supplying air is the fly in the ointment with pcp's - the upgraded compressor makes all my pcp's more fun to shoot.

Last edited:
Contemplating getting a Onix EOLO-1000 from Europeairguns.com, since if I have any problems, I'm confident I would get help. But the cost is almost double what I can afford, and I cant find reviews of the Onix in english.

Kind regards Infantrage
I’d avoid exotic. When you need parts and service it’s a big “GOOD LUCK”

I've owned and abused a lot of portable compressors, and the YH. The YH is loud. And needs support (water, pump, space, etc..) but it is fast at filling bottles. It's a real pain to use for guns in my opinion. Just to much to set it up.

The GX is easy to use, maintain, portable and parts are available if ever needed.

The CS4, is about the perfect upper middle class compressor, and it is the top of the line in portable compressors. Plus it'll fill some tanks...fairly quietly.

GX even has a great sale on some models currently directly from them.

• Love
Reactions: F6Hawk