N/A Compressor question

I have a GX cs2 that I bought at the same time as my first in 2021, PCP marauder .22 next gun was an Avenger decided if I want to keep filling to 300 bar better get a Tuxing twin and a 6.8ltr bottle then along came a Huben K1 and a liitle while later a GK1 so GX cs4 is now in the scene They all still work and they all only get fed Nitrogen, got a 20cf bottle for field use with the CS2 in my old truck 92 F150 4.9ltr Last night I topped off my 6.8 with the Tuxing and topped off the GK1 with the Cs4, I go thru about 600 cuft of nitrogen a year. I have over 20 hours on the CS2 and because of the nitrogen feed it has not needed a rebuild no oxidizers much less wear and tear.
where are you getting your nitrogen

Local welding supply store, I was in the compressed gas biz for 50 years before I retired in 2020 so cost is small. Nitrogen is a very cheap gas it is 78.9% of what we breath and air separation produces tons of it to get oxygen and Argon. If you don't have a local weld supply check fire extinguiser shops to find out where they get theirs from. The big three are Air Liguide, Linde/praxair,and Air Products
Baker and Airgas are both in your city and for sure have Nitrogen

Reactions: coastal drifter
Local welding supply store, I was in the compressed gas biz for 50 years before I retired in 2020 so cost is small. Nitrogen is a very cheap gas it is 78.9% of what we breath and air separation produces tons of it to get oxygen and Argon. If you don't have a local weld supply check fire extinguiser shops to find out where they get theirs from. The big three are Air Liguide, Linde/praxair,and Air Products
Baker and Airgas are both in your city and for sure have Nitrogen
great info,Thanks

Cool. Thank you for the info.
I was thinking cheapy Amazon compressor to start with. Tank would be real nice out in the field or at a range.
I"m not reading the entire thread cuz I'm well not wasting my time, make sure your filter the living daylights out of the air to get the moisture out. There should be a molecular sieve at the end of the chain.

Reactions: rodm1 and Patrick1
I bought a Yong Heng clone off Temu, 160 bucks with a 20 off coupon and free shipping. So far so good. I sacrificed an old plastic cooler for a water tank, the pump sits on top of the cooler. I may make some mounts to get rid of the coolers lid yet still lift up the pump to add ice. I ran an airline from my dental compressor and installed a 1/4" QD male in place of the pump air intake. Super dry super clean air is a good thing to start with, I regulate that down to under 10 PSI so as not to load the pump with air pressure in. Filled my new Beeman 2028 from empty in about one minute. A nice sieve was supplied with, heck the sieve looks like 160 bucks by itself.