N/A Compressor question

i bought one of those rectangular box compressors and i’ve successfully rebuilt it after reporting to amazon as a faulty item. amazon sent me a replacement without having to return the one i rebuilt. now i have two. my rebuilt one is running flawlessly. initial issue was a pinched piston carbon infused gasket seal.. just replaced it with a yong heng piston gasket seal.
Sounds like "repair to factory defect" is more appropriate a description than, "rebuild," in this case. Rebuild, when no longer able to pressurize, after 12-18 months, or 20-25 hours, is more along the lines of my comment. WM

Sounds like "repair to factory defect" is more appropriate a description than, "rebuild," in this case. Rebuild, when no longer able to pressurize, after 12-18 months, or 20-25 hours, is more along the lines of my comment. WM
it wasn’t able to pressurize after less than 20 hours. to repair it, i had to take it apart and rebuild it after finding the main issue. works like a champ.. a loud one. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: WorriedMan
I have one of the cheapie compressors and it was a hassle to get any warranty work done on it thru the manufacturer.
i go through amazon because amazon will either make the seller replace it or refund you back if the manufacturer doesn’t help. i got an auto stop version for less than $200 bucks with the insurance and i ended up with two because of a pinched gasket.

Yes get a compressor hand pump really sucks.
Ultimately, what you really want is a compressor, a carbon fiber tank and a hand pump.

Use the compressor to fill the carbon fiber tank, the carbon fiber tank to fill your guns and put the hand pump under or behind the seat of your car/truck so that you’ve got something to charge your guns with just in case.

Basically, all you need is a compressor that fills your gun. So, if you have the time, strength and desire, you can hand pump; it may take you an hour of pumping to fill your gun.
If you NEED a quick fill to keep shooting, get a tank. But you will still need a proper compressor to fill the tank… or a nearby scba store. Course you could take a day and hand pump the tank……uhhh……nope!
So, if you have 5-7 minutes to spare, you don’t NEED a tank.
Otherwise, a direct-fill compressor, with proper moisture control, fits most of your needs.

handpumping.png

I got to wonder at my age and this heat would I be able to shoot after hand filling ? I'd probably be too worn out to even hold the gun to shoot it for a few hrs .. lol. Pcp..lol.

I'm the opposite, I would recommend a GX compressor over a tank, even if you could walk down the street to fill your tank, it's so handy to have a constant supply of air on hand.
I have 3 GX copressors and over two years going strong, with normal maintenance, they last a long, long time. Maintenance is simple and they just work, plus if you ever go out to shoot, then you can take the GX with you.

I'm the opposite, I would recommend a GX compressor over a tank, even if you could walk down the street to fill your tank, it's so handy to have a constant supply of air on hand.
I have 3 GX copressors and over two years going strong, with normal maintenance, they last a long, long time. Maintenance is simple and they just work, plus if you ever go out to shoot, then you can take the GX with you.
I’m a big believer in the GX brand for design strength. They reduce heat generation by several methods. Low heat = longer life!

Reactions: coastal drifter
I have a GX cs2 that I bought at the same time as my first in 2021, PCP marauder .22 next gun was an Avenger decided if I want to keep filling to 300 bar better get a Tuxing twin and a 6.8ltr bottle then along came a Huben K1 and a liitle while later a GK1 so GX cs4 is now in the scene They all still work and they all only get fed Nitrogen, got a 20cf bottle for field use with the CS2 in my old truck 92 F150 4.9ltr Last night I topped off my 6.8 with the Tuxing and topped off the GK1 with the Cs4, I go thru about 600 cuft of nitrogen a year. I have over 20 hours on the CS2 and because of the nitrogen feed it has not needed a rebuild no oxidizers much less wear and tear.