Other Considering getting a hatsan velox

Been slaying some rats at work with a umarex notos and been having a ton of success

However they are starting to adapt...

I really need a semi auto pistol, there are a bunch of utility closets they like to hide in and a few small rooms. I thing I'd have alot of success with a .25 semi auto. Even if I don't I want a new gun.

I been thinking about getting a velox, some of the reviews haven't been great but sounds like they might of fixed some issues.

I'm relatively new to the hobby, i was really suprised there arnt many semi auto pistol options. I mean theres huben, would absolutely love to own one, but its just not in the budget

am i missing any other options? Budget is 500ish i think, i dont know maybe less maybe a little more, its definitely not $huben$$ high

like i said requirements are small form factor, semi auto and probably .25 or higher. My thought is with rats being rats and the close quarters fast target acquisition , isn't always going ti be clean headshots so higher caliber be helpful

I will be the first to admit - I haven't researched the Velox really at all after seeing some of the first real reviews of the gun.

On the other hand, I do have a couple of Evanix Vipers (.22 and .30) which I bought kind of on a whim for a friend who said that he needed/wanted an air pistol. I have played with these some, and generally they impress me. Not much air on board, but that will be the case with any pistol. But accurate and reliable in my shooting so far.

There is a .22 Viper from a well known member on the AGN classifieds right now which is well within your price range. Do you really need .25 cal for rats - These aren't 'Rodents of Unusual Size', are they? .22 cal hollow point (Hades or Atomic) are pretty darned effective, especially at pistol range. I can't help but think that the Viper might be a better expenditure of your dollars as compared to a Velox.

Good luck.

https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...0-shipped-or-trade-for-xbox-series-x.1317560/

I have the hatsan Velox and added a red dot sight. I think the machining quality is better than the other 2 hatsans I have. The accuracy is great for a pistol I think, but I do not have much experience either. I can easily get 1.5 inch groups @ 15 yards rested. I have shot well over 1k rounds at this point and have never had a jam except once when I tried H&N wadcutters. I have the .22 caliber and get 24 shots on a fill. The tanks are a pita to switch though because they are hard to screw/unscrew when full of pressure. I normally just use 1 tank a refill when necessary. I am currently shooting the 17 grain hatsan vortex pellets because they shot better than JSB and they’re cheaper so thats great.
IMG_2172.jpeg

Reactions: TMH
I will be the first to admit - I haven't researched the Velox really at all after seeing some of the first real reviews of the gun.

On the other hand, I do have a couple of Evanix Vipers (.22 and .30) which I bought kind of on a whim for a friend who said that he needed/wanted an air pistol. I have played with these some, and generally they impress me. Not much air on board, but that will be the case with any pistol. But accurate and reliable in my shooting so far.

There is a .22 Viper from a well known member on the AGN classifieds right now which is well within your price range. Do you really need .25 cal for rats - These aren't 'Rodents of Unusual Size', are they? .22 cal hollow point (Hades or Atomic) are pretty darned effective, especially at pistol range. I can't help but think that the Viper might be a better expenditure of your dollars as compared to a Velox.

Good luck.

https://www.airgunnation.com/thread...0-shipped-or-trade-for-xbox-series-x.1317560/
I was trying to be as humane as possible. Just hate the idea of a gut shot and it getting away because I missed a follow up shot. Will give caliber more thought

I have the hatsan Velox and added a red dot sight. I think the machining quality is better than the other 2 hatsans I have. The accuracy is great for a pistol I think, but I do not have much experience either. I can easily get 1.5 inch groups @ 15 yards rested. I have shot well over 1k rounds at this point and have never had a jam except once when I tried H&N wadcutters. I have the .22 caliber and get 24 shots on a fill. The tanks are a pita to switch though because they are hard to screw/unscrew when full of pressure. I normally just use 1 tank a refill when necessary. I am currently shooting the 17 grain hatsan vortex pellets because they shot better than JSB and they’re cheaper so thats great.View attachment 491761
I don't think the shot count bothers me too much. I have compressor near by and can fill. Short of straight up not functioning I don't see how I'd be disappointed

Does anyone have any experience with th AEA HP SS semi auto?

I didn't realize this even existed, was only finding the bolt action one.

This thing is sold out everywhere! Can't find it at all! Seems like it would be perfect!

Does anyone know if it will be restocked eventually? How long is it with the folding stock removed and used in pistol format?

The idea of .30+ and the significant FPE over the velox has me wet I need this in my life I think

Why not a rifle?
Semi is semi right, and it´ll fire as fast as you pull the trigger. A rifle would, as i regard it, bring way better control?

49.jpg

50.jpg

Kral Puncher Auto in 22cal. Yep. Can be had at very reasonable rates, at least here in Europe.
I have a notos and it's been super effective. I just feel I need something smaller for close range. I have multiple utility closets they like to hang in. 5 to 10 of them. I have to get close enough to open the door and I just feel it's a recipe for disaster, might get 1 with the notos but im gonna have 9 angry rats running at me

Also it's a drop ceiling, there are spots where I can get up to see above the drop ceiling and a pistol would work great to take some out

Like I said I been having a great success with my notos, issue now is I have multiple scenarios where I need to take sub 5 foot shots

It sounds great on paper but... from personal experience, hitting a rodent at close range with a pistol is really difficult. Granted, my target were field mice, which are considerably smaller than rats. But still. You have to get pretty close to them without scaring them, and once they start moving around you'll have to pull off one heck of a trick shot. I tried with my Viper, but it was tough. They're so skittish.

I had way more success setting up some bait (peanutbutter works great) and silently waiting about 10 yards away with a scoped rifle.

It sounds great on paper but... from personal experience, hitting a rodent at close range with a pistol is really difficult. Granted, my target were field mice, which are considerably smaller than rats. But still. You have to get pretty close to them without scaring them, and once they start moving around you'll have to pull off one heck of a trick shot. I tried with my Viper, but it was tough. They're so skittish.

I had way more success setting up some bait (peanutbutter works great) and silently waiting about 10 yards away with a scoped rifle.
Fully admit I might fail horribly, also why I don't want to spend $1000+ on the other semi autos

I do have the benefit of them being in closets and a few other hiding places they don't run from right away

That's essentially what I'm doing with my notos now and having good luck, I just want to try a close range approach as well. Wish I could like rent one for a week just to know

Reactions: DonEnzone