Converting a 4500 psi 88ci paintball tank for PCP use

Been thinking about a way to get a cheap buddy bottle for the field. I found a couple of 2900 psi output regulators at about $79, fill assemblies go for $70 and found several used tanks on ebay for about $80. So about $230. With shipping it will be over $260. Anyone else have any ideas on reducing this because I can get a new setup for $300 shipped. I couldn't find an unregulated valve which should knock off the price.

I may be selling my ninja regulator/fill assembly in the near future, I will let you know if it is soon. I just bought an fx bobcat and want to take advantage of the 3200 psi fill.

my honest recommendation is to save up a few more dollars and get an unregulated setup, (300bar din valve), that way you will never have to worry about upgrading if you get a gun with a higher fill pressure.

It's so frustrating how Ninja and Venturi intentionally cripples their 90ci CF bottles by restricting output to just 200 bar (2900 psi).. I suppose back in the day this may have been more than adequate but not now. These days, most airguns fill to much higher pressures upward of 3625 psi (250bar). Ninja and Venture should just ditch the in-line regulator altogether. This would make their product much more appealing and open their product to owners of higher pressure airguns. Other benefits:
  • Reduction in cost to manufacture which could be passed along in saving to the customer
  • Reduces overall weight
  • Improves portability
  • Satisfies the fill requirements of all PCP rifles
Scott

Note: I will post this to the Manufacturer Feedback with hopes Ninja and Venture will read this.