Coon Feeder 3D print files.

If you have coons you want to feed for while only using a small amount of food, this should help you out. These feeders give you ample time to observe the coons feeding to your delight! I recommend filling with dry cat food. If you want them to find it faster, fill the spout to the brim with food and sprinkle some more food around the feeder. When mounting it position the spout facing downwind during rain. This is minimize any change of rain getting inside the feeder. Drain holes will stop pooling of water if any gets inside.

When printing them use the slicer print order setting of inside then outside, or else the threads will not print right. The file dimension are unaltered from the ideal, but reality is different. To ease the fitting of the cap I suggest scaling the cap 102% to 103% more on X and Y leaving Z to same to give more clearance for the threads. Use a filament type that is heat and UV resistant. I used PETG. Don't use PLA as it will melt in the summer sun!

Happy coon watching :)

1727996634807.png

1727996650056.png

View attachment Coon Feeder Cap.zip

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I found 3d printers are great tool with many uses. Unfortunately this is only after spending many 10s of hours learning CAD and how to use the printer. Not something that everyone wants to do. Spending 100+ hours learning something they don't use enough to justify the time spent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I found 3d printers are great tool with many uses. Unfortunately this is only after spending many 10s of hours learning CAD and how to use the printer. Not something that everyone wants to do. Spending 100+ hours learning something they not use enough to justify the time spent.
I know a guy who bought a pretty nice one for a good chunk of change. He was enamored with it for about a week or two, and now it's collecting dust.

When I first started out with prototyping a new sight design, I had a machine shop do it all in metal. Very expensive and long time delays. After 20 different designs, you learn the real value of 3D printing and doing it yourself. Now my designs are much cheaper and much faster to evaluate and modify. I have produced many hundreds of prototypes at a fraction of the cost. The time frame to evaluate is the biggest benefit to me. A benefit of 3D printing is you can design sights that cannot be machined. A tool only has a good value if it is used.

Reactions: dv8eod