Corbin Swaging Press Input

Is anyone using the S Press quick change punch holder? If so, what advantages does it have over the floating external punch holder? What are the drawbacks?

link to the punch holder https://www.corbins.com/shop/fph-qc-s-s-press-quick-change-punch-holder-711#attr=
I really don't see any advantages of the QC Punch Holder in making Airgun Slugs...
If you are changing to a different style External Base-form Punch...
You still need to adjust the length for the Slug Weight desired...

Last edited:
I really don't see any advantages of the QC Punch Holder in making Airgun Slugs...
If you are changing to a different style External Base-form Punch...
You still need to adjust the length for the Slug Weigh desired...
@Ca_Varminter That's what I was wondering, unless one makes the same projectile with different bases. So it makes more sense to have multiple floating external punch holders set for specific projectlies.

Reactions: Ca_Varminter
Labor day sale ! Check your inbox's .
Yup. Posted it in a Labor Day Sale Thread earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
Have been plugging away with my set up. Been playing with the boat tail base as well to see if these shoot any better. Hoping to shoot this weekend to see what happens.

Lots of 218 30gr dish base slugs, and slugs from 28-30 grains in .5 grain jumps in the boat tail.

This system from Corbin is a great way to ensure the quality of your ammo. Extremely easy and very well built. Hell if I cam do it most people here can as well.

View attachment 490229View attachment 490230View attachment 490231
Have you tried out the boat tails yet.

Reactions: woogie_man
I did and forgot to post. Thr boat tails are looking like they need power to shoot. Was able to shoot the 29 grain slugs at 970fps and was getting about 1.25" group at 100 yards. At 50 yards they were a small hole.

I know when NDwind gets his drs pro we can make some more and really push them fast.

1725302203618770694240776353712.jpg
17253022215706603874341860647349.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie
I did and forgot to post. Thr boat tails are looking like they need power to shoot. Was able to shoot the 29 grain slugs at 970fps and was getting about 1.25" group at 100 yards. At 50 yards they were a small hole.

I know when NDwind gets his drs pro we can make some more and really push them fast.

View attachment 493276View attachment 493277
I don't know jack about those, but just by looking at them, they have less bearing surface. So I would expect they would be easier to push, or maybe they are not sealing as good as the standard slugs and just wasting air?

View attachment 493276View attachment 493277
Small hole at 50 and disproportionately larger at 100... They may not be tipping over their apex smoothly. Maybe try longer lengths (as well as speeds) to see where they come into accuracy. The bc calculator's say the longer boa tail slug is best for stability numbers, especially with the slower twist rate barrels.

Yup. Posted it in a Labor Day Sale Thread earlier.

Well, I ended up pulling the trigger on a Corbin and saved $117 so thanks for the post. I finally got wore out cutting the flashing on 6500+ slugs from my other press. There is .001" difference between my die and punches and should be just a few .0001". You can't rub that off.