Corbin Swaging Press Input

As @Ca_Varminter mentioned: Corbin, Rotometals, and NSA are pure lead (99.9% +/-) wire suppliers. Cobrbin is the most expensive of the three charging $60 per 10 lb spool; that is equal to about $6.00 per pound. Last I checked lead is selling about $2.80 per pound. NSA sells 40 lb and 50 lb spools of wire. I was told via email that their wire is as close to pure as can be and what they sell is what they use in their dies. According to the folks at Corbin Manufacturing, it is recommended that their customers purchase lead from them to ensure longevity of their dies. Their lead ships from Oregon and their shipping prices are substantially higher than NSA’s USPS flat rate shipping prices coming from Missouri (a central location which shortens the shipping distance in any direction in the contiguous 48 states). I cannot speak to Rotometals prices because I may have viewed them once before. From what I recall their prices were lower than Corbin’s, but higher than NSA’s. As @Ta-Ta Toothie stated earlier in the thread, NSA is the best bang-for-your-buck price wise on lead wire that I have found. If you have found better pricing or another source for pure lead wire that has not been posted, please share with are community.
been buying from Corbin. I didnt know NSA sold lead wire!
@ndwind Yes they do. Here’s a link

Click the photo of the spool of wire.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ta-Ta Toothie