N/A Cost estimate per shot

There are 250 in a tin. Same as the other brands. 17.5 Grain. Feel free to point Me to a Cheaper Brand?
Not necessarily. A lot of their tins are 200 per tin. They've got some tins of 300 in .177 too.

Prices vary, but check these out.
Less than a penny per shot once you get the fourth tin free! I'm going to have to order something from Pyramyd just so I can take advantage of that deal.

Ron!

I apologize if I was insensitive. I was being a jackass. I am truly sorry.

I too get obsessed with details. Especially with shooting. While I can't walk in your shoes I think I can relate in a small way.

That's why I said "pellet guns set me free". When I picked up a pellet rifle I absolved myself of the duty to mind the details. I try to shoot a pellet rifle for reasons other than potential accuracy or analyzing the data. So far it seems to be working.

All the best to you Ron!
If my response sounded like I was offended. I wasn't at all. I'm not great at expressing myself lightly. We're totally fine. I have a good sense of humor and self. I don't offend easily.

You had a lot of good points and I just took the opportunity to clarify my reasoning.

Stay cool
Ron

Reactions: Bedrock Bob
For .22 the Crosman is still the cheapest. I just checked Pyramid Air...

The Normas are .030 each and the Crosmans .23 each before discounts.

The normas are packed in smaller tins (200). So you have less pellets in each tin. Your fourth free tin is smaller.

Crosmans are less per shot and in bigger tins. Bigger tins means more pellets in the free tin.

2000 crosmans (4 tins) will cost 34.50
You get 500 pellets free.

2000 Normas (10 tins) will cost 47.90
You get 400 pellets free.

So the Crosman .22's are the better deal.

Last edited:
For .22 the Crosman is still the cheapest. I just checked Pyramid Air...

The Normas are .030 each and the Crosmans .23 each before discounts.

The normas are packed in smaller tins (200). So you have less pellets in each tin. Your fourth free tin is smaller.

Crosmans are less per shot and in bigger tins. Bigger tins means more pellets in the free tin.

2000 crosmans (4 tins) will cost 34.50
You get 500 pellets free.

2000 Normas (10 tins) will cost 47.90
You get 400 pellets free.

So the Crosman .22's are the better deal.
Oh no! You caught Me! I must have gotten Special Tins! I will have to send 50 from each tin back to Pyramid! LMBO! Plus these are over 3 gr’s heavier! Too funny! A picture is worth a thousand words. Do I need to show you all 16 tins? :ROFLMAO:

IMG_1252.jpeg

Oh no! You caught Me! I must have gotten Special Tins! I will have to send 50 from each tin back to Pyramid! LMBO! Plus these are over 3 gr’s heavier! Too funny! A picture is worth a thousand words. Do I need to show you all 16 tins? :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 490382

Of course not.

I guess I was looking at another product. I priced the 15.? grain pellets in 200 CT. tins. I saw a choice for a couple heavier pellets but i didnt see a choice for bigger tins.

I'll go look again...

EDIT - I see 200, 250 and 850 count tins! But none are available. On the 17.? pellets it's 5.99 for either 200 or 250. That's pretty much exactly the price of a Crosman pellet if you buy the 250 count tins.

So Chief, stay calm. Put away your scalping knife. I come in peace.

Last edited:
Of course not.

I guess I was looking at another product. I priced the 15.? grain pellets in 200 CT. tins. I saw a choice for a couple heavier pellets but i didnt see a choice for bigger tins.

I'll go look again...

EDIT - I see 200, 250 and 850 count tins! But none are available. On the 17.? pellets it's 5.99 for either 200 or 250. That's pretty much exactly the price of a Crosman pellet if you buy the 250 count tins.
Pm me your address and I’ll send you some hot pepper flakes that I grow and process.Enjoy and let me know how you like them.
So Chief, stay calm. Put away your scalping knife. I come in peace.

I can assure you its the cheapest hobby I have! The guns, all top tier, for one reason, they last a lifetime, at most needing a seal or spring. then when or if I ever want my money back, ill recoupe my entire cost. Cant do that buying mediocre guns!

The scopes, top end, and lifetime warranty, if they go to pot, I live 17 miles from Hawke, drop them off when I;m in town and no cost to me.

Now for pellets,, ya top tier, maybe 4 cents a shot, but cheaper than buying fishing baIt or centerfire primers! hell I'd spend more a year on jogging shoes if that was my thing, I don't even consider cost, it's just not relevant.

Reactions: fishing43
"Whats your lead/lizard ratio these days? Have you ever worked out the stats?

Shots per foot of lizard would be fun.

Dollars of pellets in a month divided by pounds of lizard?

How much different would the ratio be with a less expensive pellet? Does the Hades change the lead/lizard equation?

My springer does not shoot them well. At this altitude they are only going about 560 fps. The trajectory is big. They probably perform well at higher speeds/ lower elevations."

@Bedrock Bob pellet per iguana ratio tends to be anywhere from 1-2 shots per iguana when using pellets simply because I remain within 70yrds when pushing heavy pellets. If I use light pellets like the Hades or shoot low power then I keep my shots within 45yds.

Amount if money a month per pellets for iguanas, I would say

If I shoot slugs then it's closer to 3-4 shots per iguana, simply because I tend to shoot those at longer ranger, snd my target area tends to be anywhere from 1" - 4" and that's anywhere from 100yds and up.

Hades doesn't change the equation much given that I don't shoot them too often. I may use a tin or 2 of hades a month if that. I typically either use domed or slugs since I normally run hugher power in my airguns. $50-$60 a month for iguanas. I'm usually getting between 700 and 1000 iguanas a month.

Reactions: Bedrock Bob
Love the way how you're trying to save a buck or 10. 👍🏼

I am in the same boat. Got to limit my spending. ✅

😖 But I made a terrible mistake a couple of months ago — and it takes all my meager self-discipline to keep myself from going broke:
I bought a
se•mi—au•to•ma•tic
airgun. 😱

❗My friends:
I had no idea what kind of rabbit hole the semi-automatics represent (not even talking about full-auto — I might as well sell house and car and move in a salvation army dormitory.... 🤦🏻‍♂️).
It's not really a rabbit hole — it's a sink hole, it's a crater, it's a canyon....!! 😱

If after this post you don't hear from me again, you know why.
Don't come looking for me.
It's not safe.

Matthias

😉