Costly mistake in buying a pcp rifle

I have an AEA Challenger Pro .22 rifle. It is a great shooting gun and 6 months old. The O ring blew between the gauge and tank. I contacted the vendor, ie, Utah Air guns. They told me they don't work on AEA guns and to contact the Pellet Shop. I did and they sent me a new O ring but wrong size. I recontacted them and they asked where the gun came from. I told them Utah Air Guns. Pellet shop now refuses to send correct part or deal with it. Now I sit here with a nearly $900 gun, including extra clips, that leaks air. DOES ANYONE KNOW A VENDOR WHO WILL EITHER SELL ME THE NEEDED PART OR FIX THE GUN FOR ME IF i PAY ALL EXPENSES. I am aware that O rings are not covered by warranty. BUT, I now wonder,,, what if something actually serious went wrong with the gun since there is obviously no vendor support for repairs nor any warranty in spite of what is claimed. This has been going on now for 6 weeks. I am pretty disalusioned and likely will just sell the gun and forget the whole pcp thing. Also I have looked on line and see no video's in which I can learn how to change o rings or much anything else on most pcp guns. So what do you do when there is the eventual problem?

I have an AEA Challenger Pro .22 rifle. It is a great shooting gun and 6 months old. The O ring blew between the gauge and tank. I contacted the vendor, ie, Utah Air guns. They told me they don't work on AEA guns and to contact the Pellet Shop. I did and they sent me a new O ring but wrong size. I recontacted them and they asked where the gun came from. I told them Utah Air Guns. Pellet shop now refuses to send correct part or deal with it. Now I sit here with a nearly $900 gun, including extra clips, that leaks air. DOES ANYONE KNOW A VENDOR WHO WILL EITHER SELL ME THE NEEDED PART OR FIX THE GUN FOR ME IF i PAY ALL EXPENSES. I am aware that O rings are not covered by warranty. BUT, I now wonder,,, what if something actually serious went wrong with the gun since there is obviously no vendor support for repairs nor any warranty in spite of what is claimed. This has been going on now for 6 weeks. I am pretty disalusioned and likely will just sell the gun and forget the whole pcp thing. Also I have looked on line and see no video's in which I can learn how to change o rings or much anything else on most pcp guns. So what do you do when there is the eventual problem?
Same thing with the Avenger. Dealers will sell the Rifle, but you are on your own for Parts and service.

There is a recent post about an oring supplier. You just scan it with an app and your phone measures it. You specify the material you want and they make it for a few cents.

I don't know how to link it. But it was a post today.

Lots of distributors sell orings. They use them in countless applications. A quick Internet search will get you some. ACE hardware would be where I looked first.

Last edited:
If it's only an o-ring issue, I agree with the other posters. Find out what kind of o-ring is required, order a few of them and replace yourself. o-rings are generally cheap and easy to replace by the end user.

Generally speaking they seem to fail more quickly if 1) you overtighten the fixture where they sit or 2) you store your gun at high pressure. Sometimes they can fail if you nick them during assembly.

Reactions: woogie_man
I only had to watch a couple Videos from The Pellet Shop demeaning their customers and broadcasting them to the world to know that I would not want to do business with them.
I've had quite a few pleasant experiences with them. I had know idea that had vids of them trashing their customers.

Crazy how we all lean on dealers when there’s actual true airgunsmiths to take care of certain issues properly. Dare I say even make the issue go away permanently instead of just a couple months. It’s from China, are the machined specs correct that houses the ring? Most customers would not know that. Is a different style or size ring more suitable and reliable? Dealers are just going to give you the same ring that blew out in the first place. Was there some dynamic’s with the gun that made this happen? These are all questions that get addressed when using a quality airgunsmith.