Costly mistake in buying a pcp rifle

Quite some time ago, I asked AoA about why they don't sell AEA products. They said the guns didn't meet their product standards. They actually malfunctioned during their testing. Meanwhile, AEA wouldn't respond to their parts requests in a timely manner.
Rumor has it that TPS has a substantial supply of AEA parts.
UA is currently burdened with an excess demand for parts & service due to the demise of FX USA.
The "shuffle" mentioned earlier makes sense

Reactions: JaceSpace1369
AEA's warranty, as per their web site, looks like it does not cover O-Rings :

HOW LONG DOES THE WARRANTY LAST?​

The warranty period begins when the product is purchased. The duration of the warranty for all our new products is 2 years.

HOW DO I EXECUTE THE WARRANTY?​

If there is a problem with a product sold by AEA Airguns Shop , YOU directly communicate it to our customer service by WhatsApp +34 666 712 245 or by email at: [email protected]

The information that we need is the following:
  • The purchase invoice number.
  • Photos of the products. We might request video footage of the issue.
Once we receive the information, we will take care of the warranty service, keeping you informed at all times of the status of the process. In case we need any additional information, we will contact you directly.

WHAT DOES THE WARRANTY COVER?​

The warranty will take care of any issues caused due to manufacturing errors, either in the parts of the product or derived from the manufacturing process.
The warranty can be resolved in three different ways. AEA Airguns Shop, in communication with the user, will determine the most appropriate way for each case
  • Repair
  • Replacement
  • Refund
The warranty will not be valid if:
  • The rifle has been disassembled and assembled incorrectly.
  • If we verify that the lubrication used in it is not recommended.
  • IF parts that are not original have been incorporated.
  • The product shows abuse.
  • The warranty covers the products when they are used according to the instructions, and in their use for which they were conceived.

WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE WARRANTY?​

The warranty DOES NOT cover:
  • O-rings, bolts, seals, springs, cylinder heads.
  • Any damage caused by the owner's negligence.
  • Damage caused during transportation/shipping.
  • Damage caused by abuse or faulty maintenance.
  • Parts that are subject to the natural wear and tear of the product of use.
  • Damage caused by the use of the product on other objects or property.
  • Any other expense
The warranty does not include failures or anomalies in the products when they have been misused or modified by third parties.

The warranty does not include transportation costs.

At AEA Airguns Shop we hope that you are fully satisfied with each purchase you make.

If you have questions during the process, you can contact our customer service directly by sending a WhatsApp +34 666 712 245 or send an email to [email protected]

Thank you.
I only just saw this website last year and I know there have been AEA owners over the last 4 years. Most people don't know this website exists, this website is based out of another country. Majority of owners that have bought these air guns have bought them through fox air power, the pellet shop, utah airguns. Even at my local airgun store, AirgunOne Inc. We had a really bad experience with the distributor in Davie Florida. Idk about the other stores experiences but my local one had a really poopty 2 year experience with them. They would send guns without gauge caps, the baffle stack orientation was backwards, one mag instead of two, sometimes no mags at all, or they came with broken poppet valves and he was stuck with fixing them for who ever bought them. For the longest, they really didn't have any warranty. But Binatac and Zack would do what they could to make sure that he could help us fix the gun. I know the pellet shop guarantees the AEA guns you buy from them up to a year. I couldn't tell you about the rest of them though.

It's just an o ring man! Take it to a hardware store and buy another.

Every industrial supply in the US can match that oring. Take it to a plumbing supply and have them measure it. Check out Grainger, McMaster Carr. Any small equipment outfit. A scuba shop. A medical supply. A welding supply. The Hillman drawers at Home Depot.

For the calories wasted fretting over it you could have excreted three.

It's a shame you have been treated badly. But that's not the problem. The oring is. Focus on finding an oring and all that salt will wash off.

Did you check for the post I mentioned? They will make any oring out of any material. You just snap a photo and your phone measures it.

Get the proper diameter urethane and make your own! Grainger has that kit too. You can make any gauge oring in any diameter you want. Easy as cutting a piece of material and putting a drop of glue on the end. Problem solved!

Last edited:
I mean he is talking about an O ring. ( the OP)

Pellet shop has gotten me every part I’ve ever asked for with no issue. I payed for these parts but pellet shop sells these parts at very low prices. No gouging from them.
All PCPs can give issues .. and right from the start. Low and high end alike.

YMMV
I think this is the correct approach when considering an AEA. But I also understand the frustration the OP is going through since none of the marketing expresses the user repair requirements. And maybe the industry as a whole needs to do a better job relaying the fact that pcps leak.

I think this is the correct approach when considering an AEA. But I also understand the frustration the OP is going through since none of the marketing expresses the user repair requirements. And maybe the industry as a whole needs to do a better job relaying the fact that pcps leak.
Amen brother. Absolutely

Buy your self a assortment of metric O Rings
Man up and fix your self
Stop Whining
Hello @DennisB

So when your brand new pickup truck breaks down, you "don't whin", " you man up and fix your self".

Boy every dealer of every product made wishes they had you as a customer :rolleyes: .

ThomasT

OP

You can download the parts list PDF off the pelletshop website.

Just degas, unscrew the gauges replace the o-rings on both of the gauges, then reinstall them, and fill to pressure.

What I have seen on every Chinese airgun I have is they do not dress the o-rings, so when you reassemble it use a o-ring dressing.

And while you're at it, just get the o-ring list of all the o-rings and order them so that you have them on hand for when they fail, and use better o-rings than AEA does😬

Ser

Screenshot_20240821-090302_copy_720x718.png

All Schwinn bicycles were made in the U.S. when I started selling them in 1971, and Schwinn had the most logical warranty ever. To paraphrase that warranty, all Schwinns carried a "no time limit guarantee against defects in material and workmanship" to the original buyer. That was before Schwinn started embracing Japanese manufacture, then Taiwanese, then Chinese, endured multiple bankruptcies and devolutions, to become the discount-store junk they are today.

Regardless, though a no time limit warranty may be excessively generous nowadays, in my opinion warranties covering defects in materials and workmanship still make perfect sense. Possibly too much sense in 2024 to survive.

That so, in my opinion businesses that don't help their consumers experiencing problems with their products should not survive their ignorance.

As a consumer I provide feedback in only two cases- outstanding experiences, and outstandingly BAD experiences. While dealing with individuals or entities displaying tunnel vision, in some of my outstandingly BAD experience cases I've found the threat of posting my outstandingly BAD experiences ALL OVER Cyberspace has been effective in removing the blinders of those refusing to see (reality). 😵‍💫

As a bicycle retailer for forty years I always operated under the assumption a happy customer tells his friends, but an unhappy customer tells everyone that will listen. Suffice to say there are a LOT of listeners in Cyberspace.

Last edited:
All Schwinn bicycles were made in the U.S. when I started selling them in 1971, and Schwinn had the most logical warranty ever. To paraphrase that warranty, all Schwinns carried a "no time limit guarantee against defects in material and workmanship" to the original buyer. That was before Schwinn started embracing Japanese manufacture, then Taiwanese, then Chinese, endured multiple bankruptcies and devolutions, to become the discount-store junk they are today.

Regardless, though a no time limit warranty may be excessively generous nowadays, in my opinion warranties covering defects in materials and workmanship still make perfect sense. Possibly too much sense in 2024 to survive.

That so, in my opinion businesses that don't help their consumers experiencing problems with their products should not survive their ignorance.

As a consumer I provide feedback in only two cases- outstanding experiences, and outstandingly BAD experiences. While dealing with individuals or entities displaying tunnel visionn in some of my outstandingly BAD experience cases I've found the threat of posting my outstandingly BAD experiences ALL OVER Cyberspace has been effective in removing the blinders of those refusing to see (reality). 😵‍💫

As a bicycle retailer for forty years I always operated under the assumption a happy customer tells his friends, but an unhappy customer tells everyone that will listen. Suffice to say there are a LOT of listeners in Cyberspace.
Hello @AirNGasman

Very well stated (y)(y)(y)

ThomasT

To be honest, I really like the looks of the Challenger Pro. I spent about an hour watching Videos on FoxAirpower I must say that the .25 producing 100+FPE was quite impressive. Most of the older Videos showed a 2 1/2 -3lb Trigger pull, he showed 1.5 on the one He had. The 2 year new warranty is better. But the horror stories have kept Me away.