Costly mistake in buying a pcp rifle

I have an AEA Challenger Pro .22 rifle. It is a great shooting gun and 6 months old. The O ring blew between the gauge and tank. I contacted the vendor, ie, Utah Air guns. They told me they don't work on AEA guns and to contact the Pellet Shop. I did and they sent me a new O ring but wrong size. I recontacted them and they asked where the gun came from. I told them Utah Air Guns. Pellet shop now refuses to send correct part or deal with it. Now I sit here with a nearly $900 gun, including extra clips, that leaks air. DOES ANYONE KNOW A VENDOR WHO WILL EITHER SELL ME THE NEEDED PART OR FIX THE GUN FOR ME IF i PAY ALL EXPENSES. I am aware that O rings are not covered by warranty. BUT, I now wonder,,, what if something actually serious went wrong with the gun since there is obviously no vendor support for repairs nor any warranty in spite of what is claimed. This has been going on now for 6 weeks. I am pretty disalusioned and likely will just sell the gun and forget the whole pcp thing. Also I have looked on line and see no video's in which I can learn how to change o rings or much anything else on most pcp guns. So what do you do when there is the eventual problem?
Contact bintac he will get you squared away or Foxairpower he primarily deals with AEA.

I have a cheap digital caliper that will measure either in metric or decimal inches. When an O-ring goes bad I take the old one and measure the OD and thickness. I have two cheap assortments of O-rings from Amazon and I order O-rings for each new gun when I get it. SPA sends them with their guns too but they seem lower in quality than I get from Mr. O-ring, my normal source. If I have the O-ring I need I am good to go. If not, I either order it or try the one that seems to be the closest. Sometimes close has been good enough.

If I did not insist on changing the regulator on my guns with internal regulators I would not have needed nearly as many O-rings. But it seems to just be part of owning PCPs to need to change an occasional O-ring. They are not expensive and I would much rather take a few minutes to fix the gun that spend $80 sending it to somebody then wait a month or more and hope they fix it. I do not want warranty work from a dealer. I appreciate getting tips on getting the gun apart the first time but I'd rather just fix my guns than have others do it.

UPDATE: I had no more than posted this thread when I got a call from Utah Air Guns. They were appropriately apologetic for the delays and interceded in my behalf. They contacted the Pellet Shop and advised me that the Pellet shop would expect a call from me in the morning to work out the issue. We will see how that goes and I am not bad mouthing Utah Air Guns for anything other than their system for getting warranty repairs done failed in this case. This whole incident shouls bring about a concern for anyone new to PCP airguns. One responder above said to Man up and fix it myself. OKAY, this gun goes bad. It will take no air at all so how do I determine what is wrong? Next were do I find any information regarding how to disassemble or repair anything on this gun, with the exception of how to replace the regulator. I found NOTHING in the internet and have contacted the MFG. of the gun to no avail. So where is this knowledge, for a person getting into the sport, suppose to come from. So with nothing from the company, nothing from vendor, and nothing on the internet (at least that I can find) how do I learn anything about even changing the O rings?

Maybe there’s a little bad blood between utah air and the pellet shop. Maybe Utah air shouldn’t be just sending their customers to other dealers for warranty stuff. I don’t know.

I do know, and have been to The pellet shop. Always a pleasure to deal with.

I’d need to see these videos of them badmouthing their customers for me to believe it. If these videos exist, unaltered, I would bet there are other circumstances involved.

I’m sure your phone call will be satisfactory.

What is the size you are looking for, and ate you sure that's where it is leaking from?

These are typically simple to fix and this is a good time for you to learn about your rifle.
exactly my outlook on my airgun problems.. get familiar with it but do it safely. if unsure about safety, just degass the gun. even if i don’t know the name of the part or part number off of the top of my head, i know where everything goes in my huben k1. i was too cheap to send it in and too impatient to wait for it to come back 😂

UPDATE: I had no more than posted this thread when I got a call from Utah Air Guns. They were appropriately apologetic for the delays and interceded in my behalf. They contacted the Pellet Shop and advised me that the Pellet shop would expect a call from me in the morning to work out the issue. We will see how that goes and I am not bad mouthing Utah Air Guns for anything other than their system for getting warranty repairs done failed in this case. This whole incident shouls bring about a concern for anyone new to PCP airguns. One responder above said to Man up and fix it myself. OKAY, this gun goes bad. It will take no air at all so how do I determine what is wrong? Next were do I find any information regarding how to disassemble or repair anything on this gun, with the exception of how to replace the regulator. I found NOTHING in the internet and have contacted the MFG. of the gun to no avail. So where is this knowledge, for a person getting into the sport, suppose to come from. So with nothing from the company, nothing from vendor, and nothing on the internet (at least that I can find) how do I learn anything about even changing the O rings?
Some of us forget others aren't as mechanically inclined as ourselves. They also have probably been at this since airguns had only 3 parts and you filled them up by blowing into them.

This situation has me confused. Im shocked Utah would send you away at all, let alone to another vendor for any repairs for a product they sold. And you cant blame The Pellet shop for trying to help you; they didnt sell you anything and your interaction cost them money. I would contact BinTac for help, he is the Importer and carries a small selection of spare parts.

And this advice wont help you now, but I will give it to you anyway. The unfortunate reality is if you want to get into pcps, the cost is comically high and you also need to repair them. Some guns will go many years with zero repairs, like the Taipan Veteran Gen 1. Others will need what seems like constant leak fixes. So that being the case, you will either need to be able to pay hundreds for repairs, or be able to figure out the issues on your own. There are some amazing people on this forum that will spend lots of their time to try and help you...for free. Is it right or fair? imo, no its kind of a joke how much these things cost. But I also understand the free market, and the demand is unusually high in the pcp industry.

I have 2 AEA pcps, but I went in knowing there was no warranty and they are cheaper made than the many other options. Not necessarily bad rifles, I was very impressed with my Challengers. But they are the bottom tier pcp options. I know this is frustrating especially for your fist experience. I had a tough time with the sticker shock myself, coming from Powder Burners. I can build a full custom precision anything for a lot less than it cost to get into a good pcp setup. I wasted thousands of dollars trying to make the cheap stuff work, and ended up with several FXs anyway. It just is what it is, but I have enjoyed my pcp journey as much or maybe more than my old Powder Burner days. Sorry to be the tough love guy, I hope you get things squared away and dont give up on air rifles.

Reactions: maxtrouble
AEA's warranty, as per their web site, looks like it does not cover O-Rings :

HOW LONG DOES THE WARRANTY LAST?​

The warranty period begins when the product is purchased. The duration of the warranty for all our new products is 2 years.

HOW DO I EXECUTE THE WARRANTY?​

If there is a problem with a product sold by AEA Airguns Shop , YOU directly communicate it to our customer service by WhatsApp +34 666 712 245 or by email at: [email protected]

The information that we need is the following:
  • The purchase invoice number.
  • Photos of the products. We might request video footage of the issue.
Once we receive the information, we will take care of the warranty service, keeping you informed at all times of the status of the process. In case we need any additional information, we will contact you directly.

WHAT DOES THE WARRANTY COVER?​

The warranty will take care of any issues caused due to manufacturing errors, either in the parts of the product or derived from the manufacturing process.
The warranty can be resolved in three different ways. AEA Airguns Shop, in communication with the user, will determine the most appropriate way for each case
  • Repair
  • Replacement
  • Refund
The warranty will not be valid if:
  • The rifle has been disassembled and assembled incorrectly.
  • If we verify that the lubrication used in it is not recommended.
  • IF parts that are not original have been incorporated.
  • The product shows abuse.
  • The warranty covers the products when they are used according to the instructions, and in their use for which they were conceived.

WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE WARRANTY?​

The warranty DOES NOT cover:
  • O-rings, bolts, seals, springs, cylinder heads.
  • Any damage caused by the owner's negligence.
  • Damage caused during transportation/shipping.
  • Damage caused by abuse or faulty maintenance.
  • Parts that are subject to the natural wear and tear of the product of use.
  • Damage caused by the use of the product on other objects or property.
  • Any other expense
The warranty does not include failures or anomalies in the products when they have been misused or modified by third parties.

The warranty does not include transportation costs.

At AEA Airguns Shop we hope that you are fully satisfied with each purchase you make.

If you have questions during the process, you can contact our customer service directly by sending a WhatsApp +34 666 712 245 or send an email to [email protected]

Thank you.

Reactions: Chief Ten-Beers
Wait a minute.......?

There is no warranty on AEA airguns?

Like no warranty at all?

This is news to me.
I bought mine directly from BinTac. I dont believe there was any warranty expressly listed in writing. I know they were repairing and sending out replacement parts for some customers in a limited capacity. (In fact their website still states there is no warranty and sold as is buyers responsibility.) Things have probably changed since then, as that was a couple years ago.

Reactions: Airgun Al
I bought mine directly from BinTac. I dont believe there was any warranty expressly listed in writing. I know they were repairing and sending out replacement parts for some customers in a limited capacity. (In fact their website still states there is no warranty and sold as is buyers responsibility.) Things have probably changed since then, as that was a couple years ago.
I was interested in a new Challenger Pro, but this has me giving it a second thought.

I’m sorry you have to go through all this at the start of your PCP experience. I hope others that are starting out with PCP can read a thread like this to fully understand what they could be facing.
A first PCP purchase is very important. as hard as it is to not buy exactly what you want. If you have a need, express it to a quality dealer like @Airgun-Revisions and they will get you something in your budget and most importantly backed with service.

AEA's warranty, as per their web site, looks like it does not cover O-Rings :

HOW LONG DOES THE WARRANTY LAST?​

The warranty period begins when the product is purchased. The duration of the warranty for all our new products is 2 years.

HOW DO I EXECUTE THE WARRANTY?​

If there is a problem with a product sold by AEA Airguns Shop , YOU directly communicate it to our customer service by WhatsApp +34 666 712 245 or by email at: [email protected]

The information that we need is the following:
  • The purchase invoice number.
  • Photos of the products. We might request video footage of the issue.
Once we receive the information, we will take care of the warranty service, keeping you informed at all times of the status of the process. In case we need any additional information, we will contact you directly.

WHAT DOES THE WARRANTY COVER?​

The warranty will take care of any issues caused due to manufacturing errors, either in the parts of the product or derived from the manufacturing process.
The warranty can be resolved in three different ways. AEA Airguns Shop, in communication with the user, will determine the most appropriate way for each case
  • Repair
  • Replacement
  • Refund
The warranty will not be valid if:
  • The rifle has been disassembled and assembled incorrectly.
  • If we verify that the lubrication used in it is not recommended.
  • IF parts that are not original have been incorporated.
  • The product shows abuse.
  • The warranty covers the products when they are used according to the instructions, and in their use for which they were conceived.

WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE WARRANTY?​

The warranty DOES NOT cover:
  • O-rings, bolts, seals, springs, cylinder heads.
  • Any damage caused by the owner's negligence.
  • Damage caused during transportation/shipping.
  • Damage caused by abuse or faulty maintenance.
  • Parts that are subject to the natural wear and tear of the product of use.
  • Damage caused by the use of the product on other objects or property.
  • Any other expense
The warranty does not include failures or anomalies in the products when they have been misused or modified by third parties.

The warranty does not include transportation costs.

At AEA Airguns Shop we hope that you are fully satisfied with each purchase you make.

If you have questions during the process, you can contact our customer service directly by sending a WhatsApp +34 666 712 245 or send an email to [email protected]

Thank you.
That warranty is twice the amount of My Avenger.