Could this be a scam?

Here's the skinny. I have a classified ad posted wtb, Optisan CP 3-12×32. Got a text offering one for $200. Shipped. The member sent me a picture of said scope, requesting my shipping info to get it. Two requests for a phone call got me nothing other than him texting to agree to the call. Google Images brought up a picture of same. A request for a couple more pics went nowhere. Not sure about putting his username out for all to see. What do you think? Deal or no deal? Bill and Addi

Screenshot_20230531_173427_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20230531_171538_Messages.jpg

Be patient slow down and keep requesting for a phone call or different pics lol. You do not want to make a mistake by calling out a member who is extremely busy or distracted by life. If it is not listed here in the classifieds then there is no rush to do a quick purchase it is not worth the risk. If it is a scam it will be more than obvious in a 4-5 more days when all your request are ignored at that time maybe pm a moderator and request them looking into it for you. JMHO (y)
keep your guard up and slow the pace haha:coffee:

Be patient slow down and keep requesting for a phone call or different pics lol. You do not want to make a mistake by calling out a member who is extremely busy or distracted by life. If it is not listed here in the classifieds then there is no rush to do a quick purchase it is not worth the risk. If it is a scam it will be more than obvious in a 4-5 more days when all your request are ignored at that time maybe pm a moderator and request them looking into it for you. JMHO (y)
keep your guard up and slow the pace haha:coffee:
Slow down? I haven't moved. hehe. I approach transactions as you do. No, it's not listed. He sent me the picture that is posted by Rat Works, UK. Love George Images. You dispense good advice. Bill and Addi.

Reactions: SHOMER and swNCsw
Slow down? I haven't moved. hehe. I approach transactions as you do. No, it's not listed. He sent me the picture that is posted by Rat Works, UK. Love George Images. You dispense good advice. Bill and Addi.
And you are wise in your dealings and standing still I think you may get these things sorted soon enough haha Best wishes to you and yours kind Sir. ;)

Reactions: oregondude
Maybe keep waiting but if it feels bad ............ Phone!
Unless we know a few of the same people , one advantage of shooting match's for a number of years, attending airgun shows is good also, I wont even make a deal to sell without a phone call. That due to 2 members here who have fun saying I'll take it then on their own writing 2-3 day's later saying "it came back I will get it sent right off to you again" , then day's later contacting them and getting, tracking (1st time mentioned) say's it's still on the way".... .

Phones are good! Recently noted someone saying they like using "facetime" or some such modern phone video thing (which my Wife can hook me up on even if I wouldn't know how)A cal talk SEEING each other maybe viewing all item's front to back top to bottom and that's sound like just a great idea to me.
Now I ALSO always say afetr speaking, okay let's excahnge the entire deal, price address... in writing once (pm or email I dont care).

John

I purchased a couple of the CP scopes from Jeff at Trenier. The first one was around $350, the last one was around $400. He is an excellent vendor, ships everything extremely quickly and the merchandise is always packed well.

I would tell them to send funds by whatever means you use, verify the funds are legit, then ship.
I’ve had scammers say they transferred funds back when I had PP and in my email there’s a PP email saying funds transferred. The graphics just didn’t look right. I go to my PP account, no transfer. At that point I start playing the game telling them I didn’t get their email till their bored with the game. Same crap often happens with Craigslist with items selling for a couple hundred bucks.