Couple Brocock Questions

1st Gun: What is the power range of the Brocock Ranger XR in .25 & still be accurate at say 30 yards or so. *** I’m not interested in upping the power. Now known to be 20 fpe max. I am only interested in knowing it’s power range from factory and it’s corresponding accuracy.

2nd Gun: How high can you actually tune a Brocock Sniper XR in .177, beyond the stated 18fpe? Does it shoot any slugs accurately? Again, 30 yards or so.

Thanks

Last edited:
Okay @intenseaty22 I had the Ranger XR in 177 I would say, I doubt with any real quality in shots you could put the 177 past 18 ft. However, in sub 18 I took birds out to 50 with it. The 22 in the Ranger is probably more versatile. I see the 25 cal Ranger for low end velocity stuff where you don't want deep penetration.

Commenting on Slugs, I did try some of the Makos in the ranger 177 with some success.

Reactions: intenseaty22
AOA of lists 20 FPE for the Ranger XR in .25. My Atomic XR in .22, same platform, CPHPs at 725 fps for just under 17 FPE at the muzzle and 11 FPE at 30 yards as per StrelokPro. I can get more FPE by playing with the reg and HS. But like it as is, it has been quite effective on small pests out to 50 yards.
Ahh, it was the Atomic XR what I was looking at & AoA didn’t have the power output listed for it in .25

As for the .177 Sniper, it’s listed at 18fpe, but I was hoping someone had tuned one up to more and could share their findings.

Thanks

@intenseaty22, the Atomic/Ranger XRs are best suited to .177 and .22 and either of those calibers would be more than adequate for squirrels or like size animals at 30 yards. The gun itself is easily dime sized accurate at your stated 30 yards. Mine has had quite the pesting year. Now that I know what I can do with it? I’m doubling down, come Spring I will unleash my Atomic XR on the pests at the farm with high confidence.

Reactions: rsfrid
@intenseaty22, the Atomic/Ranger XRs are best suited to .177 and .22 and either of those calibers would be more than adequate for squirrels or like size animals at 30 yards. The gun itself is easily dime sized accurate at your stated 30 yards. Mine has had quite the pesting year. Now that I know what I can do with it? I’m doubling down, come Spring I will unleash my Atomic XR on the pests at the farm with high confidence.
I certainly appreciate the information. I’m just doing general research and just filling my curiosity specifically about the Atomic/Ranger in .25. Now, if the answer is: It’s just not accurate at all & a POS in .25, then that does answer my question as well. Never say never, but at this moment I will be unlikely to buy one in .177 or .22. Thanks again.

I certainly appreciate the information. I’m just doing general research and just filling my curiosity specifically about the Atomic/Ranger in .25. Now, if the answer is: It’s just not accurate at all & a POS in .25, then that does answer my question as well. Never say never, but at this moment I will be unlikely to buy one in .177 or .22. Thanks again.
In .25 the answer is… the gun won’t generate much more power than the advertised 20 FPE, and you’ll have a loopy trajectory. Shot count would be low. Even in the rifle models the .25 is suited to their XR HP models not so much their standard XR lineup. Trying to shoehorn the .25 into this little rig? Maybe for some very specific pesting applications? It too bad because in .177 and .22 is where they shine. Mild mannered pesting machines. Good luck. Happy new year.

Reactions: Arzrover
In .25 the answer is… the gun won’t generate much more power than the advertised 20 FPE, and you’ll have a loopy trajectory. Shot count would be low. Even in the rifle models the .25 is suited to their XR HP models not so much their standard XR lineup. Trying to shoehorn the .25 into this little rig? Maybe for some very specific pesting applications? It too bad because in .177 and .22 is where they shine. Mild mannered pesting machines. Good luck. Happy new year.
Thanks again. I did amend my OP to better clarify what I’m after (mostly knowledge) Not looking for a power house, on the contrary, I’m just wanting to see it’s accuracy capabilities in that low of a power level & only in .25.

1st Gun: What is the power range of the Brocock Ranger XR in .25 & still be accurate at say 30 yards or so. *** I’m not interested in upping the power. Now known to be 20 fpe max. I am only interested in knowing it’s power range from factory and it’s corresponding accuracy.

2nd Gun: How high can you actually tune a Brocock Sniper XR in .177, beyond the stated 18fpe? Does it shoot any slugs accurately? Again, 30 yards or so.

Thanks
I just picked up this exact gun in 25 cal. listed at 20 FPE at muzzle. I would not be comfortable going more than 25-30 yards with this. But If I need something for the garage - this would be my first choice for up close and personal, lol! This is a purpose gun, not looking to up power either.

I just picked up this exact gun in 25 cal. listed at 20 FPE at muzzle. I would not be comfortable going more than 25-30 yards with this. But If I need something for the garage - this would be my first choice for up close and personal, lol! This is a purpose gun, not looking to up power either.
This is what I was looking for 👍🏼 What kinda accuracy are you getting at that distance? What ammo? Thanks 😊

This is what I was looking for 👍🏼 What kinda accuracy are you getting at that distance? What ammo? Thanks 😊
Mine is the .25 Atomic XR I won in a raffle at the Utah EFT GP event in August. Shoots 25.4 grain Kings at about 635 fps or 22.5 FPE.Definitely needs a moderator like the ZerodB. I have a Bushnell Accelerate 4X scope on mine and it’s good to about 50 yards. Gets 16 shots on a 250 bar fill. Very cool little back yard gun.

Mine is the .25 Atomic XR I won in a raffle at the Utah EFT GP event in August. Shoots 25.4 grain Kings at about 635 fps or 22.5 FPE.Definitely needs a moderator like the ZerodB. I have a Bushnell Accelerate 4X scope on mine and it’s good to about 50 yards. Gets 16 shots on a 250 bar fill. Very cool little back yard gun.
Thanks Mike, appreciate your input.

Reactions: Centercut