Covering up rear iron sight holes-HW30S

😅was the sight necessary to remove?🤷‍♂️
I think....
All of my break barrels with open sights...still have the rear osight installed*some I have removed the front for a moderator adapter, but rear sight stays(so I dont lose the parts🥴)
some of them needed the rear sight lowered all of the way down to clear scope sight picture
I remove the rear sights because my eyes can't use them. Most of my guns have some sort of muzzle device on the end. Without a front sight or my one rifle with peep sights I think the original rear sight looks stupid. Plus they're just unnecessary weight. I put them in a plastic tackle organizer so I don't lose them in case I ever sell a rifle.

My wife's HW30 on the other hand has both original sights and a scope. Its really no big deal for me either way. I guess I'm just a minimalist.

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I remove the rear sights because my eyes can't use them. Most of my guns have some sort of muzzle device on the end. Without a front sight or my one rifle with peep sights I think the original rear sight looks stupid. Plus they're just unnecessary weight. I put them in a plastic tackle organizer so I don't lose them in case I ever sell a rifle.

My wife's HW30 on the other hand has both original sights and a scope. Its really no big deal for me either way. I guess I'm just a minimalist.
Right on🤙

After installing a Williams FP-AG-TK rear diopter sight on my HW30S today I removed the Weihrauch factory rear sight. I'd like to install a cover of some sort to cover the exposed screw holes from the sight, does anyone have any leads on such a device? Thanks in advance! :)
I use allen screws flush with reciever

Reactions: numbertwo
...modern fasteners are 0.8 pitch, Weihrauch used 0.5 pitch...you would not want to re tap the breech holes to accept the modern pitch...
...wrong thread pitch, M5x0.5 is required unless breech hole is recut, after which the rear sight elevation screw could never be used...

Reactions: PEP3 and numbertwo
...modern fasteners are 0.8 pitch, Weihrauch used 0.5 pitch...you would not want to re tap the breech holes to accept the modern pitch...

...wrong thread pitch, M5x0.5 is required unless breech hole is recut, after which the rear sight elevation screw could never be used...
See like i said just put a strip of black electrical tape over the holes blends right in with the blueing . Problem solved ...😉. No mess no fuss . No skill or fancy tool work just snip to length and apply , easy peasy.

I've never tried it but I did ask this same question a few years back. This one guy said the little plug in the end of a cheap bic pen would press right in those HW screw holes. Might be worth a shot.
Thx
Ray

OIP.jpg

I've never tried it but I did ask this same question a few years back. This one guy said the little plug in the end of a cheap bic pen would press right in those HW screw holes. Might be worth a shot.
Thx
Ray

View attachment 345215
Ya, and gta a guy has push in small button caps that are just like that pen end. Theres press in rubber like domed head plugs to.

Then the plastic/ nylon plugs i gave above they probly just strip thread right in . I doubt the nylon would harm the steel threads in any way..