A couple of years ago, Ed over on the GTA (maybe here too) published this target.
When you print it out you can make it as large or small as your want.
COVID is with us again so, let’s take a few shots.

COVID-19 Target.jpeg

I went ahead and took this challenge today at 50 yards with my modified Avenger 22cal. I had pretty decent wind switching back and forth, and I recorded the wind flag closest to me so you could see what was going on.

Here is the footage:

This session sucked pretty bad. With my wind switching all around, it was really hard to make wind calls. I missed shot #8, and thought I did on #19 as well, so I went back and took another shot at it. After looking at the footage, I realized that I DID take the shot at #19, but ended up putting it through the exact same hole as #16. That was why I couldn't tell.

I could wait for some more consistent wind, which would be a good idea, but otherwise I may move the target a little closer. This was really difficult as I queued it up today.

Let me know your thoughts...

I went ahead and took this challenge today at 50 yards with my modified Avenger 22cal. I had pretty decent wind switching back and forth, and I recorded the wind flag closest to me so you could see what was going on.

Here is the footage:

This session sucked pretty bad. With my wind switching all around, it was really hard to make wind calls. I missed shot #8, and thought I did on #19 as well, so I went back and took another shot at it. After looking at the footage, I realized that I DID take the shot at #19, but ended up putting it through the exact same hole as #16. That was why I couldn't tell.

I could wait for some more consistent wind, which would be a good idea, but otherwise I may move the target a little closer. This was really difficult as I queued it up today.

Let me know your thoughts...
if your in a competition you can't wait on wind . so i would do the same in practice . Also in the vid those little marker flags do a great job in the distance .

Reactions: SkeeterHawk