• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Cowboy guns are cool

Several years ago, I wanted to get into cowboy action shooting; seemed like a great way to have fun and support the shooting sports. Without too much research into the sport I did buy a cowboy gun and had a custom holster rig made. Once I read the rules, I soon discovered my holster rig was not period correct and when I saw how much it cost for the rest of equipment… I never followed through. I have for years carried my cowboy gun in its Hollywood holster on many hunting expeditions.

Recently I saw a UMAREX Colt Peacemaker in 7.5” barrel, looking exactly like my cowboy gun. I bought one. It is amazingly realistic in weight and size, being made of metal. CO2 powered with .177 pellet for ammo in silver cartridge carriers. It fits in my cowboy holster and is fun to plink with. I’m sure if Ralphy had one of these on his hip along with his Red Rider, ol Black Bart wouldn’t stand a chance.

Below, my cowboys 45LC & .177. More to come on cowboy action shooting.

1546375865_4570036585c2bd2b9b7e3c7.28065796_Cowboy.jpg

So the rules as I understand them of Cowboy Action Shooting say you have to have 2 pistols and a rifle of the same caliber and a shotgun. Well, .177 pellet and BB are essentially the same; I’m calling it good. 1894 was my first BB gun and has under gone many “refurbishments”, double barrel shotgun is a functional Daisy 104, the Peacemakers and a Schofield.

1546800698_11414101525c324e3a043b22.26233094_Cow1.jpg