• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

coyotes almost got whiskers and daisy time for war

So it was like 930 pm just not and wife took out daisy and whiskers to go to bathroom and a coyote ran up on them , I heard dogs bark and her yell , they came in and I grabbed thermal and saw 2 yotes litterly 20 feet from where puppies were , I yelled and threw a blaa at one they took off , However wife said one charged to get daisy the girl puppy , this is war , Latley we been being woken up by yotes in packs howling threw nites , I did not bother them but when they cross line to attack wife or dogs they crossed line , I snalled a few pics look here , tomarrow I mount thermal and will be ready if they want to battle ,
here is the puppies daisy and whiskers

donut daushound.jpg
whiskers 1 5 2023.JPG

Here is what attacked them

photo-58.jpg
photo-59.jpg
photo-64.jpg
photo-69.jpg
photo-74 - Copy.jpg

This is one of the main reasons I started coyote hunting again. When my Dobe was a puppy I would take her out and my game cameras would start going off. They usually wouldn’t get closer than 50 yards to the house. Over the last couple years the problem is no where near as bad… plus she has gotten up to about 110lbs.

Reactions: PumaCarl
So it was like 930 pm just not and wife took out daisy and whiskers to go to bathroom and a coyote ran up on them , I heard dogs bark and her yell , they came in and I grabbed thermal and saw 2 yotes litterly 20 feet from where puppies were , I yelled and threw a blaa at one they took off , However wife said one charged to get daisy the girl puppy , this is war , Latley we been being woken up by yotes in packs howling threw nites , I did not bother them but when they cross line to attack wife or dogs they crossed line , I snalled a few pics look here , tomarrow I mount thermal and will be ready if they want to battle ,
here is the puppies daisy and whiskers

View attachment 473804View attachment 473805
Here is what attacked them

View attachment 473811View attachment 473808View attachment 473809View attachment 473810View attachment 473807
I have to say , if you've heard coyotes that often & that close , I'd never step out at night w/ pups w/o something in hand for protection . Where I live only a few blocks away people have had coyotes , bobcat & black bear in their yards for a " meet & greet " when the pets go out for the late potty stop ! Some have lost pets that weren't supervised .

• Sad
Reactions: N2 Shooter
I've seen a fox and I think I saw a mature raccoon but not a coyote in or around the yard. So far. Deer are fairly frequent visitors, squirrels are scared but still brave the yard some (a white one was in my neighbors yard yesterday) and lots of birds every day. If I see a coyote and have a shot, I will take it. My dog weighs about 40 lbs and would think she can take care of things but I don't need vet bills. A pellet is far cheaper.

fortunately I haven't had any trouble but we have been having a red fox come in..I didn't know that they could walk right up a no climb gate 6' tall but got it on the trail camera..then a couple nights ago I came downstairs for some orange juice around 3:30 am and the automatic porch light came on.. thought it was the cat but it was the red fox and it looked in the window on the door at me.. hopefully it doesn't eat the barn cats or try to bother my toy mini blue heeler.. although I am sure if it was after the mini that the big blue heeler would kill it.. but like everyone else said, don't need trouble or vet bill. I don't have any night vision or thermal so it would have to be daylight or determined to cause trouble at night.. I've shot way more coons than I would like..
Mark

There is no better feeling when being confronted with a challenge to your family, that you do not have to find a solution, as you have already predicted the scenario, acquired the tools and tested the execution. This my friend is the role we are built for; and may your lead fly true on your next encounter!

fortunately I haven't had any trouble but we have been having a red fox come in..I didn't know that they could walk right up a no climb gate 6' tall but got it on the trail camera..then a couple nights ago I came downstairs for some orange juice around 3:30 am and the automatic porch light came on.. thought it was the cat but it was the red fox and it looked in the window on the door at me.. hopefully it doesn't eat the barn cats or try to bother my toy mini blue heeler.. although I am sure if it was after the mini that the big blue heeler would kill it.. but like everyone else said, don't need trouble or vet bill. I don't have any night vision or thermal so it would have to be daylight or determined to cause trouble at night.. I've shot way more coons than I would like..
Mark
Hey, Mark. I have a night vision set up you can borrow if you like. Just come get it.

Reactions: markhooper