Crosman Crosman 160

Hi Guys

Bought a Crosman 160 from Ebay the stock is beautiful and metal is 99%. I won the wood lottery. Groups nice small .400 for 10 rounds no fliers outside group - shot from 25 ft . Could someone tell me what scope mount they are using for their 160. I need a scope my eyesight not what it was years ago. Back to shooting for me, . . . . Take care all.

Kindest Regards,
Randy

160 stk .jpg

160 whole rifle rhs.jpg

160 wood.jpg

160 buutsock.jpg

160 wood frt.jpg

target1 400 jpg.jpg

Nice find and congrats!

Unfortunately, there aren't (m)any options on scope mounts for that rifle. I found a thread here and the guy no longer makes them.

Were it mine, I'd either have the receiver drilled and tapped for a scope rail or have dove-tails cut into it by a machine shop. The receiver should be .75" in diameter, and that gives you a starting point to search from. A grooved QB-78 receiver will probably bolt right on.

Cheers,

J~

Randy, I epoxied a dovetail base to my Crosman 160 30+ years ago and it's still on there with a nice vintage Bushnell Sportview 4x 32 airgun scope . I don't shoot it anymore (I keep wanting to...) so I forget exactly what I did. I'll dig it out and show you soon. It looks cool and works. Doesn't look goofy like Sheridan, etc. clamp on mounts

Maybe a Buck Rail Mount
No, that won't work on a Crosman 160.

Reactions: Bandito
Air and Gas man,

Thanks for helping me. Looked at mount above and checked the 160 with vernier calipers. I am understanding correctly that the .670 x .790 look thru gap would bolt onto the 160 receiver?
I would not put epoxy on my 160 it is too pristine.

Thanks

Randy

You're welcome and correct, Randy. The Monstrum mounts will clamp to the 160 recieiver, with the bottom edges of the mounts resting on the main tube for lateral stability. Do not expect the I.D. of the mounts to match the O.D. of the receiver; they don't. But the bottom half of the mounts will wedge between the receiver and main-tube. Nevertheless, it would be a mistake to use a monster telescope like is all the rage in airgunning nowadays.

Reactions: Bandito
This looks way better than goofy clip on mounts. Bases are a hacksaw and file job. Cut to length and simply filed a radius on the bottom to match the receiver. I made the front base work with the barrel screw. The rear mount is epoxied on and what does that hurt? It comes off easily with solvent. I think those chinsy rings came with the Bushnell Sportview scope. It’s been on there over 30 years.
Guns should look cool, right?
IMG_2644.jpeg

This looks way better than goofy clip on mounts. Bases are a hacksaw and file job. Cut to length and simply filed a radius on the bottom to match the receiver. I made the front base work with the barrel screw. The rear mount is epoxied on and what does that hurt? It comes off easily with solvent. I think those chinsy rings came with the Bushnell Sportview scope. It’s been on there over 30 years.
Guns should look cool, right?
View attachment 490729

And that is the cleanest install of optics on a 160 that I have ever seen.
Well done sir!

Reactions: 0akhonor