Crosman 1701P with Steve Corcoran Grips

+1. My favorite thing about the grips I bought is how easy it is to repeat hand and trigger position. Same spot, every time. His grips are sized and he shows you how to measure your hand to get the right ones.
Hello @cjtamu

That is very well stated (y)

ThomasT

Hello everyone

I just had to try shooting one of @tcarlson777 30-Yard Challenge Targets not at 30-yards but at 15-feet. I scored this with a .177 caliber Plug because of the shorter distance but a 197 with 15 X’s is not too bad. This is getting to be just way too much fun

ThomasT

Crosman 1701P Silhouette.8.jpg

Nice shooting again, Thomas! I am not going to lie: I am jealous of those grips! BTW, I got the 2 tins of JSB 7.33 RS in. Shooting the way I shoot, it's a tossup as to which (the 7.33s or the 8.44's) is more accurate. I can stack both at 20 feet. My observation is that you get a few more usable shots with the 7.33's, but the 8.44s load easier. Pick your poison, eh?

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Nice shooting again, Thomas! I am not going to lie: I am jealous of those grips! BTW, I got the 2 tins of JSB 7.33 RS in. Shooting the way I shoot, it's a tossup as to which (the 7.33s or the 8.44's) is more accurate. I can stack both at 20 feet. My observation is that you get a few more usable shots with the 7.33's, but the 8.44s load easier. Pick your poison, eh?
Hello @rcarlisle

Thank you, this is a really fun Pistol to shoot, however I do wish it had a magazine. Those little pellets are hard for this old man to see and pick up and then load one at a time.

The 8.44 shot well in everyone of my pistols, but right now I have two different 8.18's that I am shooting and at 10-meters and my 15-foot target, they are spot on.

Even out at 10-meters I am NOT seeing any fliers, albeit most of the time I am using Wadcutter pellets and not the Domed.

ThomasT

Last edited:
Reactions: rcarlisle
Hello everyone

Starting shooting paper targets in my indoor range early this morning. Using my Crosman 1701P Silhouette .177cal, I shot a lot of various targets and decided to shoot the General Target. Did not shoot it as well as @rsfrid Ross shot his the other day but still very pleased with how accurate this Pistol is shooting. Bye the way, this is with the new Grips and there is no question that the Grips have improved my accuracy.

ThomasT

View attachment 324896
Really doing well with that pistol Thomas. Nice job.

Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

I just received the last piece of accessories for the Silhouette and that is an Air Stripper. I had purchased an Adapter from Buck Rail to add the 1/2-20 threads to the muzzle end of the barrel. It looks so cool on the Pistol, now I need to do some testing to find that "sweet spot" for the best accuracy.

ThomasT
Crosman 1701P Silhouette.10.7.jpg
Crosman 1701P Silhouette.10.8.jpg

Reactions: rcarlisle
Interesting. Be sure to share your results with the stripper. That didn’t sound right....

I am not bench shooting with mine, so I think they way I wave pistol around would mask any improvement.
Hello @Struckat

Unfortunately I will not have any thing to share :(. I cannot loosen the grub screw to make any adjustments and I have sent an email to the vendor requesting a return. Hopefully they will have another one in stock and can make a exchange.

ThomasT

Reactions: rsfrid
there was much info on air strippers in a English Air Gun magazine maybe a year ago,I can not look it up at this time,butn will say that bthey can and do make a difference.
There is also a person on this forum who said he is experimenting with them now and will post some finding at a later date.
I have one on a bottle fed 2240 that has a LW barrel,it is very accurate ,so much so I am afraid to do any adjustments to it.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
OK Ross @rsfrid,

You forced me to go back into the shop and shoot another General Target. Still not as good as your last card. The holes are not as clean because I have been shooting domed and used them this card.

ThomasT
View attachment 326603
Looking good Thomas. I am happy I got so many people exited about shooting either indoors for some of us or outdoors. The more we shoot for accuracy, the better our outdoor rifle shooting will be later this year. At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. 😅🤣😂 By the way, I am shooting domed pellets as well. I'm just using fresh bristol board (mat board) behind the target.

That’s good shooting. I haven’t tried your target, but I regularly chase tiny dots @10m.
Some scoff at the short distance, but for me as important to work on my fundamentals.

I shot this with my HW95 a while back. The 1720 being so light can be a little more difficult, but I don’t have a lot of practice with it.

View attachment 326624
Hello @Struckat

I shoot a bunch of 10-meter and 25-yard and love it and enjoy the challenge with various targets. You will have to print out some of these General Targets and give them a try.

ThomasT