Crosman 1701P with Steve Corcoran Grips

That’s good shooting. I haven’t tried your target, but I regularly chase tiny dots @10m.
Some scoff at the short distance, but for me as important to work on my fundamentals.

I shot this with my HW95 a while back. The 1720 being so light can be a little more difficult, but I don’t have a lot of practice with it.

View attachment 326624
10 meters isn't short distance. It's Olympic distance and can be quite challenging. Keep up what you are doing. Nice shooting.

I don’t know Thomas, on that 30foot target, it’s for 22. With 22 you need to eliminate the shaded grey to get an x. The 177 version has no grey and a slightly bigger dot. The dot must be eliminated to get an x. You may need to send your trophy back. LOL

So I took the stock off the 1720 and shot from a bag with 7.33 AA. I need a better rest for pistol. I rested the butt on my off hand. Pretty shaky!

No stock is a big handicap! 293, it’s hard to be still. Maybe more coffee?

CC0E822B-E1A1-470C-AF52-AD4419A83F58.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Thanks, that is how I use my 1701, two handed.
I gave up on open sights, bad eyes an lighting, and am now running a Hawke red dot.

Normally my 10m is with my 753 or HW30 and peep sights.

I told my wife that I need $20k for a rifle and stiff outfit so I can go to the Olympics in Paris.

She said, “Ok, but where will you purchase talent?”

She has a mean streak.

I don’t know Thomas, on that 30foot target, it’s for 22. With 22 you need to eliminate the shaded grey to get an x. The 177 version has no grey and a slightly bigger dot. The dot must be eliminated to get an x. You may need to send your trophy back. LOL

So I took the stock off the 1720 and shot from a bag with 7.33 AA. I need a better rest for pistol. I rested the butt on my off hand. Pretty shaky!

No stock is a big handicap! 293, it’s hard to be still. Maybe more coffee?

View attachment 326734
Hello @Struckat

That is a heck of a good score for this target, it is a hard target to shoot. I designed it that way :mad:
Just keep on shooting.

ThomasT

Reactions: Struckat
Thanks, that is how I use my 1701, two handed.
I gave up on open sights, bad eyes an lighting, and am now running a Hawke red dot.

Normally my 10m is with my 753 or HW30 and peep sights.

I told my wife that I need $20k for a rifle and stiff outfit so I can go to the Olympics in Paris.

She said, “Ok, but where will you purchase talent?”

She has a mean streak.
Hello @Struckat

I love your wife, great sense of judgment :ROFLMAO: OK maybe I should not have said that :devilish:

ThomasT

Reactions: Struckat
Hello everyone,

I have been shooting all of my Pistols since 1:30am and it is now 8:36am. Love each and everyone but I have become spoiled really fast shooting the Crosman 1701P Silhouette with the Steve Corcoran wood grips. Various people have expressed how well their hand fits and how natural and comfortable it feels and I am the same way. Now I want a pair for ever Pistol that I own, like that is going to happen.

ThomasT

Crosman 1701P Silhouette.11.jpg

Good shooting Thomas. Not gonna be any of that round here for the next week according to the weather peeps. Was already raining when we woke up. I have a couple guns that need attention anyway. And Kim’s mom comes in next weekend so we have to get the house clean enough to perform surgery on the floor ha ha ha.

As far as SC grips for everything, why not? Probably cost less than the stock I’m considering for my HW97K long barrel! Misery loves company ;)

• Haha
Hello everyone,

I have been shooting all of my Pistols since 1:30am and it is now 8:36am. Love each and everyone but I have become spoiled really fast shooting the Crosman 1701P Silhouette with the Steve Corcoran wood grips. Various people have expressed how well their hand fits and how natural and comfortable it feels and I am the same way. Now I want a pair for ever Pistol that I own, like that is going to happen.

ThomasT

View attachment 327291
On a roll there Sheriff T.

• Love
Good shooting Thomas. Not gonna be any of that round here for the next week according to the weather peeps. Was already raining when we woke up. I have a couple guns that need attention anyway. And Kim’s mom comes in next weekend so we have to get the house clean enough to perform surgery on the floor ha ha ha.

As far as SC grips for everything, why not? Probably cost less than the stock I’m considering for my HW97K long barrel! Misery loves company ;)
Hello @cjtamu

How about I get your cc number and I will be ordering in a jiffy :love: .

Tell your mother-in-law that I said howdy 😊

Believe it or not the sun is out and I am going to shoot some 10-meter this morning and maybe some 25-yard if the weather holds.

Have a great weekend,
ThomasT

Good morning @rsfrid

Boy I have turned a lot of well shaped lead into a mess this morning 😂 and the day is not over.

Have a great weekend Ross,

ThomasT
Just got backin from shoveling snow - oh, wait…. You have no idea what that is, do you? I'm gonna shoot some bad guys later this morning so watch for the target post. Have fun and stay out of trouble.

• Love
Just got backin from shoveling snow - oh, wait…. You have no idea what that is, do you? I'm gonna shoot some bad guys later this morning so watch for the target post. Have fun and stay out of trouble.
Hey again @rsfrid

Sure I do, that is the stuff they put into cones and pour color flavoring on 😂 :ROFLMAO:😊;)

ThomasT

• Haha
Reactions: rsfrid
Hello everyone,

I just received and installed a new scope on my Crosman 1701P. It is a Vector Optics Grimlock 1-4x24, 30mm tube, scope. Really clear glass and a neat reticle, the reticle is two horizontal lines and one lower ventricle line with a small circle in the middle and in the middle of the circle is a tiny dot. The other neat thing is that it will focus down to my indoor 15-foot target. I have only shot a dozen pellets so far but it is super easy to zero in on a bulls eye with that reticle. I did view my 25 and 50 yard targets on max power and they also looked great. Now I need a bit of sunny days to give this a good workout.

ThomasT
Vector Grimlock 1-4x24 30mm Tube.jpg

Hello everyone,

I just received and installed a new scope on my Crosman 1701P. It is a Vector Optics Grimlock 1-4x24, 30mm tube, scope. Really clear glass and a neat reticle, the reticle is two horizontal lines and one lower ventricle line with a small circle in the middle and in the middle of the circle is a tiny dot. The other neat thing is that it will focus down to my indoor 15-foot target. I have only shot a dozen pellets so far but it is super easy to zero in on a bulls eye with that reticle. I did view my 25 and 50 yard targets on max power and they also looked great. Now I need a bit of sunny days to give this a good workout.

ThomasT
View attachment 329032
Oh boy! I can see it now — I won't stand a chance against Deputy Travis! 🤪😅🤣😂

• Love
Hello everyone,

ThomasT
View attachment 329032
Who sells that optic? TIA

• Love