Crosman Crosman 1861 Shiloh Reseal

I sealed a Crosman 1861 Shiloh this afternoon and thought I'd share a few pics.

The side plate is held on by five screws. If you maintain pressure on the cylinder pushing it down into the frame of the pistol, the parts will stay in their correct places. Most of the parts will hold themselves in place until you start disassembly.

IMG_2283.jpg

The only seals that can be replaced are the CO2 face seal and one o-ring on the outside of the valve assembly. The exhaust port needs to be indexed correctly so I added a Sharpie line to the end that's visible when the valve is back in the cylinder.

IMG_2291.jpg

The cylinder is plastic. Luckily this one is in nice shape, and it rotates and indexes properly.

IMG_2289.jpg

Once reassembled, the pistol holds air. I took it our back and spent some time plinking. Lighting wasn't great so my chrono wasn't picking up most shots. The one I did register was 338 fps with a pellet. It will shoot BBs as well.

IMG_2293.jpg

Box complete with $25.96 K-Mart price tag!

IMG_2292.jpg

Definitely a interesting co2 pistol of the past.

I've watched this video several times including once yesterday. It was referenced again when I was checking muzzle velocities for this pistol, and we're only about one fps apart. I've watched quite a few of your videos in the last few years, and appreciate the work you've put into them.

An interesting note on this pistol. Sources, including Crosman, generally indicate it was produced from1981-1983, but I have one with a 1984 lot number. Not the first time I've seen questionable production dates!

IMG_6154.jpg

Reactions: Septicdeath