Crosman 2240 XL PCP Conversion Kit

Hey guys,

I am looking to make my 2240 XL into a PCP. I know you can get drop blocks and bottles BUT I want it to be a little pistol. No carbine. I have Notos for that.

So... anyone have experience with this kit?

I liked that one because it is regulated and has 2 gauges.

If someone has that kit what kind of FPS are you getting? How about shot count? I would rather more power than shot count just cause it's a tiny cylinder and would take like 15 pumps to fill again lol Looks like this kit has adjustable reg set point.

If there are other "plug and play" kits for similar $ let me know.

Reactions: bf1956
Hey guys,

I am looking to make my 2240 XL into a PCP. I know you can get drop blocks and bottles BUT I want it to be a little pistol. No carbine. I have Notos for that.

So... anyone have experience with this kit?

I liked that one because it is regulated and has 2 gauges.

If someone has that kit what kind of FPS are you getting? How about shot count? I would rather more power than shot count just cause it's a tiny cylinder and would take like 15 pumps to fill again lol Looks like this kit has adjustable reg set point.

If there are other "plug and play" kits for similar $ let me know.
I bought 2 of the kits with Titanium tubes on Ebay. Never had time to install. Reach out if you have any interest.

I make and sell these. My 22 caliber gets almost 800fps.

20230715_165345.jpg

With the long barrel. I also just realized that you're talking about the 2240. My kits are for the 1322/1377 but I also make drop blocks and conversions for the 2240 like the small one in the picture.
Gotcha. That would be incredible for the pistol barrrel lol. I wouldn't wanna do a drop block I want it to remain a pistol.

I got the 2240 XL coming in the mail from Pyramyd. Also with it being XL it has the threaded adapter at the end so would that cause it to interfere with the fill port at the end?

Is it regulated? Are there gauges?

Gotcha. That would be incredible for the pistol barrrel lol. I wouldn't wanna do a drop block I want it to remain a pistol.

I got the 2240 XL coming in the mail from Pyramyd. Also with it being XL it has the threaded adapter at the end so would that cause it to interfere with the fill port at the end?

Is it regulated? Are there gauges?
I'm not familiar wnough with the XL to give you an answer but these are not regulated. The valve acts in a way that makes it consistent with how much air it allows through it with each shot so although it's not regulated, the shot string only drops about 3 to 5 fps per shot. The screw in adapter I made for my 2240 in the picture was on a whim, so I didn't really account for the barrel band (although it doesn't hit), but I can make them more slim to miss an adapter, etc...
There are no gauges so I just use the gauge on my pump and it works fine.

Hi tim
It's a great bit of kit " forget the hipac or drop block.
Regulator is adjustable.

View attachment 396733
Looks awesome! You wrap that with carbon fiber tape?

How has it been adjusting to cocking the bolt for loading then also cocking the pcp part? Is that annoying or not bad?

Also how high do you fill yours? Just 3,000 psi? Shot count?

I'm not familiar wnough with the XL to give you an answer but these are not regulated. The valve acts in a way that makes it consistent with how much air it allows through it with each shot so although it's not regulated, the shot string only drops about 3 to 5 fps per shot. The screw in adapter I made for my 2240 in the picture was on a whim, so I didn't really account for the barrel band (although it doesn't hit), but I can make them more slim to miss an adapter, etc...
There are no gauges so I just use the gauge on my pump and it works fine.
The XL is same as normal 2240 but has steel breech from factory and also it has a permanent threaded adapter at the muzzle.

3-5 fps not too bad. You think you'd want a gauge though? You'd be able to tell if there is a leak or if you didn't fill last time you'd know its low

Hi tim
One gauge for reg second for air in tube
I believe it's a 3000 psi fill.
Mine loads and fires as a normal crosman does by the side bolt" no rear hammer pull
Yes its carbon wrap
Needs a multi shot breech really to make the most out of it.
Shot cont depends on size of tube but you should get more than a standard crosman with the smallest tube they offer.
It's a nice compact unit and looks the part as they say

Hi tim
One gauge for reg second for air in tube
I believe it's a 3000 psi fill.
Mine loads and fires as a normal crosman does by the side bolt" no rear hammer pull
Yes its carbon wrap
Needs a multi shot breech really to make the most out of it.
Shot cont depends on size of tube but you should get more than a standard crosman with the smallest tube they offer.
It's a nice compact unit and looks the part as they say
Woah that's cool, I thought it had the little ball you pull back to cock the hammer, guess they have different versions.
That makes me really interested in this version because I don't really wanna add a step to my shooting. Do you remember where you got yours? Ebay/ amazon

Nice carbon wrap!

About the multi shot breech, you should check out a product called Grav Mag. You can choose between plastic / steel breech versions and also 5 or 9 shot magazine. I just bought the 5 shot version since its the "compact" version cause I wanted this to be a small pistol as possible. 9 shot sticks out further.

That's good news that it is 3k psi fill and you say it gets more shots/fill than stock. Little pistol I wouldn't need 100 shots but at least being similar to stock makes the swap to PCP worth it besides avoiding the obvious CO2 downsides and possibility of being more power.

Looks awesome! You wrap that with carbon fiber tape?

How has it been adjusting to cocking the bolt for loading then also cocking the pcp part? Is that annoying or not bad?

Also how high do you fill yours? Just 3,000 psi? Shot count?

The XL is same as normal 2240 but has steel breech from factory and also it has a permanent threaded adapter at the muzzle.

3-5 fps not too bad. You think you'd want a gauge though? You'd be able to tell if there is a leak or if you didn't fill last time you'd know its low
I didn't add a manometer just to keep the cost down for buyers. I also don't paint or coat them to keep cost down as well, plus I figure people would want to customize them. That aspect got me a bad amazon review because the buyer assembled it without painting it first and complained about surface rust. Then when I told him about painting it, he got bent out of shape and said he'd have to "send it out" to have it done. I told him how easy it is to degrease and spray paint it himself. Some people are hard to please.

Hi tim
Yes gravmag came from uk I think been about a while now
In uk we have gmac custom for crosman parts" there is a fellow in usa by name of froggy who does crosman parts" very good price on his parts and he does multi shot breech/ seek him out.
Mine came from ebay item number is
294935327665 and came from these people lmy-diy-outdoor.

Yeah I saw gmac custom looks like good stuff but wow can't imagine paying more for the multi shot breech than I did for whole 2240 XL when there is grav mag for so cheap comparatively. I know using mrod magazine would be way better but wow

I looked up froggy but couldn't find the multi breech, oh well I got the grav mag ordered

Hey thanks for letting me know what item # it was! Looks like same thing just on ebay

Very similar to the 22xx, I built a 1322 into as small of a pistol as I could while still using a full size moderator, and still doing 650fps. With low noise signature, and high shot count.

I'd like for it to be a hair shorter, but the 230mm airtube was the shortest one to be found. I have a 300mm tube as well, but it is rarely used.

Gun will do 27fpe, with 18gr .22 pellets. In a 7.6" barrel. But I have it regulated to 650fps with 14.3gr pellets. Shot count is up around 100.

This gun is QUITE heavy. But is perfectly balanced, extremely steady, and is exceptionally accurate. Even off-hand.

Conversion kit came out of russia, and was sold to me from the country of georgia. Some kits can still be found, but they are not the same, and I'm not sure what the differences are. https://www.airgunbuy.com/pcp-kits.html

PSX_20200517_195503.jpg

Last edited:
That's a superb looking pistol long gun
There was a fella doing some good stuff out that way"doberman I think its name was out in the sticks.
He did or still does some great looking pistols.
That's some serious power from a short barrel " it's not the fact of the cost " it's yours and it's a one off and you obviously love it and rightly so ' its stunning bud.
And the shot count is perfect

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
Very similar to the 22xx, I built a 1322 into as small of a pistol as I could while still using a full size moderator, and still doing 650fps. With low noise signature, and high shot count.

I'd like for it to be a hair shorter, but the 230mm airtube was the shortest one to be found. I have a 300mm tube as well, but it is rarely used.

Gun will do 27fpe, with 18gr .22 pellets. In a 7.6" barrel. But I have it regulated to 650fps with 14.3gr pellets. Shot count is up around 100.

This gun is QUITE heavy. But is perfectly balanced, extremely steady, and is exceptionally accurate. Even off-hand.

Conversion kit came out of russia, and was sold to me from the country of georgia. Some kits can still be found, but they are not the same, and I'm not sure what the differences are. https://www.airgunbuy.com/pcp-kits.html

View attachment 396945
That my dude is what I'd call a Hand Cannon haha 27 FPE is awesome! Bet it is quieter down shooting the 14.3 though.

I think I stumbled across the conversion you linked to then saw the price, really amazing numbers you get out of the conversion though!

Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
Indeed. It is very quiet for its size. It looks like the new kits don't drop the tube down as far and require a custom breech in order to use a shroud. And I'm not even sure if the shroud has the cnc baffles like mine came with. The valve looks the same as mine.

The original kit was much longer. As is, mine is about an inch longer than a normal 13xx. But the ones they were selling at the time (and current ones) would have made it about 4" longer. 13xx are already a bit long to begin with. The seller was able to find the shorter airtube for me. So, I had to cut the shroud shorter. Had another member who is no longer with us cut and re-choke/re-crown a LW barrel for me. I had to cut the breech and the original airtube to fit as well. Used a prod trigger group, custom hammer. Overall end product is pretty unique, though. And performs.

But there's also value to be had in something light weight, even if shot count suffers. So I would likely do one of the kits like you posted if I were to do it again.

This gun was more of a concept and challenge. How short can you go and still have all of the features.

As for being a hand cannon, you can fit cothran valves to the 22xx guns. I think 40fpe would be a reasonable expectation, but shot count would be nil. I have one of those valves in a 25 cal pp800, and it gets 50fpe (9" barrel). But shot count is 2.

Indeed. It is very quiet for its size. It looks like the new kits don't drop the tube down as far and require a custom breech in order to use a shroud. And I'm not even sure if the shroud has the cnc baffles like mine came with. The valve looks the same as mine.

The original kit was much longer. As is, mine is about an inch longer than a normal 13xx. But the ones they were selling at the time (and current ones) would have made it about 4" longer. 13xx are already a bit long to begin with. The seller was able to find the shorter airtube for me. So, I had to cut the shroud shorter. Had another member who is no longer with us cut and re-choke/re-crown a LW barrel for me. I had to cut the breech and the original airtube to fit as well. Used a prod trigger group, custom hammer. Overall end product is pretty unique, though. And performs.

But there's also value to be had in something light weight, even if shot count suffers. So I would likely do one of the kits like you posted if I were to do it again.

This gun was more of a concept and challenge. How short can you go and still have all of the features.

As for being a hand cannon, you can fit cothran valves to the 22xx guns. I think 40fpe would be a reasonable expectation, but shot count would be nil. I have one of those valves in a 25 cal pp800, and it gets 50fpe (9" barrel). But shot count is 2.
That's extremely customized, sounds like there will never be a duplicate out there!

Yeah I'm wondering if putting the 2240 tube on is gonna be the best or the 1322 for more air. I don't want it to look weird or be really front heavy though.

50 fpe out of a 9" barrel?? Woah. Wonder what shot count could go up to if power lowered?

The 2240 has a larger airtube, and it is threaded already, so that is the best/easiest option for a quick/simple pcp mod. The 1322 has a smaller airtube (in terms of width) and the tube is notched for the pump linkage. Just not ideal unless you get one of the kits that replaces the entire tube. In which case, it wouldn't matter which gun you got aside from taking barrel length into account. (13xx has longer barrel)

Shot count wouldnt go up all that much. air capacity is a mere 50cc. almost nothing. I already had that gun doing 30fpe, but I wanted a flatter trajectory and more power. 30fpe in 25 cal is a Lil over 700fps.

The 1322 has 165cc capacity, and 210cc with the longer tube. I'm talking about the custom tubes that came with my conversion....

Here's the pp800 btw, it's a very light-weight gun. Pretty sure it weighs less than half of what my 1322 does. But like I said, the valve that's in it is intended for 22xx pistols. So, if you wanted a high-powered hunter, that would be the ticket. But shot count would be very low.

DSCF6025_edited.jpg

Last edited: