Crosman 2240 XL PCP Conversion Kit

Pretty awesome stuff you've got there @Long_Gun_Dallas ! You know it's serious when you bipod your pistol haha Right now I have a red dot for my 2240 XL but depending on how this conversion goes I may look for a pistol scope. Looks like you have one of each.

I ended up getting the 2240 kit that is the one that @aroundlocks put in post #13 here. I also got the new barrel band since the pcp kit is bigger tube diameter than the CO2 tube so the oem wouldn't work. I wanted to keep the 2240 XL roughly the same size (pistol). Oddly, the ebay listing was like $10 more than the Amazon one but the ebay one claims to arrive a week and a half sooner. But I'll have to see.

I'll have to see how it works and if it comes with that goofy ball you pull back to cock the 2240 or just has a normal cap. Also will have to see what it does to the shot count with that small air cylinder I will be satisfied if it's similar shot count or if it's significantly more power but less shots.

• Haha
Reactions: Long_Gun_Dallas
It gets more serious :ROFLMAO:

314202776_1511524812652444_6941206783415321586_n_edited.jpg

If you want a true pistol scope, I'd look at a bsa edge 2x.... ebay listing for one w/ 5 days left Or if you feel the gun could use more weight, maybe look for a vintage burris scope. The edge is very compact and light-weight. The one on my 1322 is pretty hefty.

The kit looks real solid, to be honest. Should get good performance out of it. Just hope you got a moderator, cause it's gona be loud 😂

I would have to think the ball would be removable if you didn't want to use it. Assuming you can still use the bolt to cock it. Maybe the spring is just stiffer, and the ball is easier to use.

The air cylinder size still looks pretty decent. Like maybe 50cc give or take. Plus some air will be stored in the plenum. So, I reckon you'll probably get somewhere around 30 good, powerful shots from it. Maybe like 25 or 35 depending. Hard to say without tuning and messing with it. I have my 1322 pcp setup to where the valve is barely opening, and I'm using around 125 bar on the regulator. 15fpe. Noise is pretty low, shot count is very high, and still that is plenty of power for hunting.

Last edited:
Can't believe I never updated you guys. I got the ebay kit and did the conversion. Because the 2240 XL barrel has the fixed LDC thread adapter it was too close to the PCP air tube so to simultaneously fix that and give me more opportunity for higher FPS I got a 10" barrel.

The Grav Mag is absolutely amazing. So simple but makes the 2240 fun as you can have 5 + 1 AND it is low profile and sticks out the side perfectly to fit under the BSA Edge scope (thanks for recommendation, it's just enough scope not being too heavy)

You were right, it got real loud with PCP version so I played around with variations on LDCs but designed a custom one which is like "reflex" and bounces air back with 2 baffles below to the open inners in the kinda teardrop shape under/behind the muzzle. It worked better with 3 baffles but was too long for my gun case so I just have the 2.

I can't recommend the grips enough. They're from ebay seller voiddone and they just fit so well it's amazing. Really well designed and gives us big hand people some excellent purchase on the grip. Unfortunately they're made of PLA and I had one side warp after leaving the 2240 outside during a shooting session. Luckily he is awesome seller and replaced right away. It was real hot day so I just am careful now.

Yes I have to pull that ball thing back to cock it now after working the normal bolt to load. That's my biggest negative but it's not terrible, 2 steps to fire a shot isn't bad.

I adjust the regulator and get 18 shots / fill on reg when I fill to 3,500 psi. The 6 MPA is pretty low but I haven't played with it much yet. Maybe hammer is too much and is letting too much air out with the low reg psi or maybe this is just how it is since it's compact. Idk. About 500 fps CPHP's 14.3 gr.

It's been a plinking target pistol and I've also gotten rid of some chipmunks with one shot 10 yards away so it's just real fun/useful all around.

Thank you all for your suggestions and support. I'm glad there are others out there who enjoy modifying 2240's so we have lots of options for customization!
20240827_191708~2.jpg

Damn man, wish you had purchased my PCP conversion. IIRC, I get somewhere near 750fps with my 22 caliber 1322 at 2000psi.
That's some great power, are those regulated? How many shots/ fill? Is there smaller one like the 2240? I wanted it to be a pistol still, 10 inch barrel is longest I wanted for that. After that length I'd just make a carbine, but it'd kinda be doubled up since I have a Notos.

9 or 8 good shots at around 16 fpe with the power adjuster cranked, or back it off for a few more shots. It is a hoot to shoot!
16 FPE is impressive with the 10" barrel! Is that with CPHP 14.3 or something heavier? You must have the valve timing down pat because I'd think it'd be hard to get more FPS out of the barrel since the pellet leaves it so quickly.

Also, how loud is it?? Normal 2240 isn't super backyard friendly so I'm guessing that's like a 9mm going off lol

Was that all custom work or did you find anything to convert "off the shelf"? Loving the CF tube for the barrel.

16 FPE is impressive with the 10" barrel! Is that with CPHP 14.3 or something heavier? You must have the valve timing down pat because I'd think it'd be hard to get more FPS out of the barrel since the pellet leaves it so quickly.

Also, how loud is it?? Normal 2240 isn't super backyard friendly so I'm guessing that's like a 9mm going off lol

Was that all custom work or did you find anything to convert "off the shelf"? Loving the CF tube for the barrel.
Yep, 14.3 Crosman. That is my first tube/valve pin job. I only have a drill press, so used the back half of a 2240 valve already tapped 8-32 for hi pac use and drilled pilot holes through tube and valve. Works just fine. She isVERY loud, must be shot anywhere but my backyard with the pa cranked. All parts used were collected and purchased over the years.