Crosman 2240

My wife got me one of the airguns I had on my list...the 2240! Did some shooting on my indoor range in the early afternoon, and after I started to get used to the sights, I didn't do too bad. My 57 year old eyes are not as cooperative with iron sight as they used to be. Lucky for me, the trigger is actually decent, for an inexpensive plinker.
Lga5htK.jpg

I got 57 good shots out of just one 12 gram cylinder of C02...that's about ten more than I usually get out of my Diana Chaser. Happy with this little shooter.

Alliance Hobby has everything you need to "customize" the 2240. Do not look, though, if you do not want to spend money. Also, do not say I did not warn you. (Smoothing out the trigger was what I did.)

Alliance Hobby has everything you need to "customize" the 2240. Do not look, though, if you do not want to spend money. Also, do not say I did not warn you. (Smoothing out the trigger was what I did.)

Honestly, I would stay away from alliance hobby. I built up several last year and his order filling was not good. He took payment for a barrel and did not have it nor say so or say when he could get it. Took forever to get a refund. Other orders were very slow in coming. I have seen, don't know if on this forum or others where people have had a lot of trouble getting orders from him, and he will not answer emails. Just my two cents worth.

I built up several using that gun as a basis, I found this to be a good supplier for a lot of parts., as well as ordering from Crosmann
The roller trigger helps a lot as does the adjustable trigger spring. You used to find what was called a super sear on ebay and airguns of arizona but those no longer seem to be available. Most of mine had a big upgrade by going to a Crosman 1701p trigger, which requires either a new hammer or filling the "wasp waist" with something like jb weld. LPA has a good all metal adjustable rear sight, but you need to uprgade to a steel breech from the plastic on the 2240 Those guns are like leggos for air gun enthusiasts , you can do anything to the and make them much more accurate, best thing is a good trigger upgrade for starters. A power adjuster can help to prolong the life of a CO2 cartridge The crosmanairpistols forun has a wealth of info on rebuilding/modifying them.

Fun pistol. I have two 2300 which are based on it. We gave a buddy a 2240XL for Xmas and I liked it so much my wife bought one for me! As others have said there are a ton of options for making it your own. You got lucky if yours has a good trigger, most don’t. There are ways to make the stock trigger better if you don’t want to drop coin on aftermarket.

Reactions: crosman2016
Fun pistol. I have two 2300 which are based on it. We gave a buddy a 2240XL for Xmas and I liked it so much my wife bought one for me! As others have said there are a ton of options for making it your own. You got lucky if yours has a good trigger, most don’t. There are ways to make the stock trigger better if you don’t want to drop coin on aftermarket.
Yes the 2240 is a great platform. Mine came with a very good trigger so I've left it alone.

Assuming that's off hand and a standard 8.5x11" sheet of paper that is some very good shooting with open sights from a pistol. I would be hard pressed to match that myself and I'm a decent pistol shooter.
It was a piece of cardboard that was on the bottom of a box. The circles are 1" diameter, outside diameter. Yes, I was sitting, but shooting offhand. I can see perfectly the front sight, but the rear is fuzzy.

AlchemyAirwerks is a great operation. David is a good guy as long as you don't rub him the wrong way I've spent plenty of time on the phone with him getting custom parts figured out. He has been one of my main parts suppliers. I've built probably 20 crosmans with his parts. Pretty sure it's just him and his daughter running it all.

Another place is Baker airguns, theyre a great outfit as well.

It was a piece of cardboard that was on the bottom of a box. The circles are 1" diameter, outside diameter. Yes, I was sitting, but shooting offhand. I can see perfectly the front sight, but the rear is fuzzy.
I’m 58 and have the same issue. My Custom Shop 2300 is .22, very much like a 2240. Hawke red dot on it is wonderful. For giggles I put a Williams peep on my 2300S. Works so well at 10 M that it’s still on there.

I got 57 good shots out of just one 12 gram cylinder of C02
That's great. Historically they've been way oversprung and wasted a lot of CO2. If memory serves, the 2240 I purchased a few years ago gave only about half that many shots on a cartridge.

Regarding the trigger, I drafted a DIY pictorial on how to improve it for free if you have some abrasives and a Lego block:
Lego spring guide.jpg

That's great. Historically they've been way oversprung and wasted a lot of CO2. If memory serves, the 2240 I purchased a few years ago gave only about half that many shots on a cartridge.

Regarding the trigger, I drafted a DIY pictorial on how to improve it for free if you have some abrasives and a Lego block:
View attachment 317197

Oh snap! That's cool!