Crosman Crosman 3622 for Squirrel?

I am sure this has already been discussed, but is the Crosman 3622 a good squirrel gun for out to about 40 yards?
I generally hunt tree rats with a 20g but one shot and then you have to wait a long time for any more to emerge. I have used break barrels before but they are heavy in the woods.
I was thinking that a very light PCP with an easy hand pump to fill it would be ideal for squirrel in southern Ohio as there are a lot of hills to climb and rarely are you shooting over 40 yards.
I might even go with a Diana Stormrider

I am not sure. I have a 3622. It has decent accuracy but is not in the M-Rod class of accuracy or power. The 3622 is a 16 fpe rifle so I am going to say that 40 yards might be a push. However, it is a very lightweight rifle and very compact so out to 30 yards I would say yes. If you must shoot 40 yards or more then maybe the Urban or even the P-Rod might be a better choice.

Also, the Urban is much quieter and the P-Rod more easily adapted to a suppressor, the 3622 has a nice pop to it and because the fill port is right at barrel end I have to screw the suppressor off for a fill.

The Urban is not much larger but is heavier and makes 22 to 28 fpe for the same or more shots, is much more accurate. You do have to be handy with fire to remove the pickle and convert to a removable suppresor.

Last edited:
I know you can adjust the power of the 3622 with a hex. You can get about 15 good shots at around 18fpe, but I agree. The problem is I will be hand pumping at first so filling an urban up would be a lot of work

I get 24, even up to 30, good shots from my 3622 out of the box.

You will want to suppress it so as not to scare away the tree rats so you will need the Buckrail adapter. I added a longer bolt and the steel breech. And a scope.